Kentucky's track and field team claimed not one, but two titles in the NCAA Championships in Oregon this weekend.
The Oregon Ducks ultimately won edged Kentucky to win the event, 59-50, but it was still a tremendous accomplishment for the Cats. It was also the highest finish in school history.
Seniors Kendra Harrison and Dezerea Bryant were largely for UK's performance. Harrison won the 100-meter hurdles NCAA Title and Bryant won the 200m Championship with a time of 22.18, which is the non-altitude collegiate record and the second fastest wind-legal time in NCAA history.
Congratulations to the Wildcats on this tremendous accomplishment.
Tweet of the Day
- Jerry Tipton caught up with former Kentucky and Villanova player Michael Bradley, who is now the associate head coach at Eastern Kentucky.
- National analyst predicting UK for Sacha Killeya-Jones.
- 2017 four-star forward Xavier Tillman is visiting Kentucky this weekend.
- Julis Randle returns to Kentucky this week; Also coming back for a camp is Michael Kidd-Gilchrist.
- UK commit Tai Wynyard posterizes Gonzaga commit Zach Collins.
- 2017 QB Myles Brennan picks up UK offer.
Other sports news
- Florida, Virginia win on Day 1 in College World Series.
- Joel Embiid suffers setback with foot injury.