The four-time Emmy winning TV show Mad Men ended its seven season run last night. It was a quality show that was consistently well-written and acted. At the same time, I never knew more than five people who also watched it. It'll be weird for there not to be any new episodes, or hang out with the characters again. I like to think Sally Draper grew up to be the President in another dimension. I'll miss you most of all, Roger Sterling.
Tweet of the Morning
UK softball is rolling and is headed to their fourth Super Regional in five years thanks to the seniors.
- I have nothing. You?
Kentucky missed out on another recruit as LaGerald Vick committed to Kansas. Calipari now sets his sights on Caleb Swanigan and Jamal Murray. I've gotten to the point where I don't want to add either. Let's ride with what we got.
Jerry Meyer thinks UK is closing ground on Swanigan and that's why Vick went to Kansas.
Larry Bird says Willie Cauley-Stein is a $100 million player.
Other Kentucky sports
Recap of the softball team's big victory yesterday. They are headed to Gainesville to take on Florida next Saturday at 1pm on ESPNU.
The baseball team plays Tuesday in the SEC tournament.
Everett Golson announces is expected to announce his transfer destination today. Sounds like the former Notre Dame quarterback is heading to Florida State. Jimbo Fisher sure does get his quarterbacks drafted. It'd be the smart play.
- Florida is having issues recruiting quarterbacks. Being that they just signed Will Grier I'm not going to feel too sorry for them.
- SEC East opponent Georgia is having a very strong recruiting cycle.
- Meanwhile, poor Colorado hasn't gotten a single commitment yet.
- Sam Dekker and Frank Kaminsky talk to the media at the NBA combine.
- Rutgers head coach graduates college.
Other sports news
- The Rockets took Game 7 from The Clippers despite being down three games to one. Is Dwight Howard back? Does Chris Paul choke? Is Doc Rivers the GM hurting Doc Rivers the coach? Should The Clippers give DeAndre Jordan a max contract in the offseason? Just a few of the media narratives that I'm sure will be floating around today.
- FC Barcelona wins La Liga.
- Batter gets hit by a pitch and throws it right back.
- Cool stuff on Charles Barkley, and a television camera operator at The Preakness.
UK plans to keep Blanding and Kirwan Towers empty this fall. Once upon a time, I lived on the 22nd floor of Blanding Tower. Fire drills were awful.
The latest sign of America's decay: Pitch Perfect 2 made more money at this weekend's box office than Mad Max: Fury Road. Go watch Mad Max and thank me later. Here's an all-caps review from Spencer Hall. Here's background on the entire series.
Space-X made a bunch of very cool Mars vacation posters.