Hello fans of GOG! We have a very exciting weekend of games before us, so why not try your hand at predicting the outcomes for the Final Four?
What's all this then, eh?
If you are new to the Guess the Outcome Game (GOG for short) then welcome! The goal of the GOG is for me to ask you a bunch of questions and you to give your best shot at answering them. Points are awarded for correct or near-correct answers and the most points wins!
Since this is the first (and only) GOG of the season, I'm going to direct everyone to last season's Preseason GOG for a more detailed description of the game and question types.
GOG 2015: Final Four [max 81 points]
Deadline for entries is tip-off of Duke-Michigan State on Saturday ~6:09 PM.
Semifinal #1: Duke vs Michigan State
- Who wins the game? [+/- 1 point] Duke
- How many points does Duke Score? [4/3/2/1 point] 81
- How many points does Michigan State Score? [4/3/2/1 point] 61
- Predict Travis Trice's FG Attempts / Assists / Made 3pt FG? [3 points each; 1 point if within two] 13 / 5 / 2
- Who leads Duke in scoring? [4 points; 2 points if second leading scorer] Winslow (Okafor 2nd)
- Which team calls the first timeout of the 2nd half? [+/- 1 point] Michigan St
- What is Michigan State's largest lead of the game? Choose One: Never Leads [3 points], 1 - 5 [2 points], 5 - 8 [2 points], 9+ [3 points]. 5 - 8 (8 point lead)
Semifinal #2: Kentucky vs Wisconsin
- Who wins the game? [+/- 1 point] Wisconsin ;-(
- How many points does UK score? [4/3/2/1 point] 64
- How many points does Wisconsin Score? [4/3/2/1 point]
- What is UK's rebound margin against the Badgers (UK rebounds minus UW rebounds)? [5 points; 3 points if within three; 1 point if within five] minus 12 (ugh)
- What is the larger number for UK: made dunks or made 3's? [+/- 1 point] Tie at 3 apiece (everyone got 1 point)
- Who are the top 3 scorers in the game (both teams combined) from 1st to 3rd. [1 point for correct player; 1 point for correct placement] Kaminsky (20 pts) Dekker/KAT (16 each). If you had KAT and/or Dekker in the 2nd or 3rd spot you got 2 points for that pick.
- Predict Frank Kaminsky's Made 3pt FGs / Fouls / Defensive Rebounds. [3 points each; 1 point if within two] 1 / 3 / 10
- Who wins the Title? [3 points] Duke
- What is the margin of victory for the winning team? [4/3/2/1 point] 5
- Who is named MOP? [5 points; 3 points if they are named to the All-Tournament team] Tyus Jones (Kaminsky was the only player guessed who also made the A-T team)
- How many different Wildcats play in a game (FF or Championship)? [4 points; 2 points if within two] 9
- How many different players (both teams combined) score at least one point in the title game? [5 points; 3 points if within two; 1 point if within four] 12
- Are there any lead changes in the last two minutes of the game? [+/- 1 point] no
- What is the combined Free Throw percentage for all teams in all three games? Choose One: < 65% [2 points], 65.1% - 68% [3 points], 68.1% - 72% [3 points], > 72% [2 points] >72% (74.8% on 86/115 combined shooting)
Good luck everyone!