The Kentucky Wildcats will host EKU tonight, and if you're going to the game, there's some security changes you need to be aware of that Rupp Arena is implementing.
These new game-day operation changes that go into effect tonight and will last through the remainder of the 2015-16 season.
Fans coming to Rupp Arena will now be requested to remove any outerwear (coats, sweaters, etc.) that can be easily taken off. Fans will also be subject to intensive visual inspection and enhanced bag checks. Guests with heavy, bulky and/or baggy clothing may be subject to additional security screening to include hand-held metal detectors.
Rupp Arena security will also not permit the following items inside the area:
- All illegal substances (tobacco products and electronic cigarettes are permitted in the designated smoking area outside of the arena)
- Artificial noisemakers and irritants
- Beach balls
- Cameras with detachable lenses
- Glass and aluminum containers
- Helium balloons
- Laser pointers/pens
- Outside food and beverages
- Selfie sticks
- Signs larger than 24 inches by 24 inches
- Video or audio recorders
Bags entering Rupp Arena are restricted to 16 inches by 16 inches. All bags and jackets are subject to inspection at all Rupp Arena entrances.
The following items are welcome inside Rupp Arena:
- Bags - one per person, not to exceed 16 inches by 16 inches; all bags are subject to inspection
- Camera lenses - maximum length six inches; no detachable lenses
- Service animals - as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Personal chairbacks - maximum width 18 inches and cannot have any hard plastic or metal parts
- Strollers - small collapsible style