Kentucky plays the Eastern Kentucky Colonels tonight at 7:00 on ESPN2. After a long layoff from the UCLA debacle, it will be good for UK and the Big Blue Nation to see the boys back in action in a should-win game. The 'tale of the tape' of the geographical neighbors is below.
The good thing about playing Eastern is that our offense should get a healthy shot in the arm. The bad thing about playing Eastern is that they have a more than solid offense (averaging 90 points/game), albeit against lesser competition.
As any UK fan knows, someone goes nuts in Rupp Arena and has a career day, let us just hope it is not a few Colonels who get their "puppies set off the bus."
TWEET(S) OF THE NIGHT
FBI investigating UofL officials for misuse of federal funds. Would explain this sign seen on campus today. pic.twitter.com/JsM2hpwU2f— Not Jerry Tipton (@NotJerryTipton) December 8, 2015
If anyone needs me at 10 tonight I will be glued to see the new "fashion" from #VictoriaSecretFashionShow. Just wanted to remind the guys.— jared lorenzen (@JaredLorenzen22) December 9, 2015
YOUR WILDCAT QUICKIES
- Coach Calipari has decided to drop the hammer on the team and make them tough, come hell or high water.
Alex Poythress says UCLA was a good reminder of how far this UK team has to go, particularly against physical opponents.— Kyle Tucker (@KyleTucker_CJ) December 8, 2015
Poythress on Cal in practice since UCLA: "He's turned it up a lot, and that's something that we need."— Kyle Tucker (@KyleTucker_CJ) December 8, 2015
- A Trio of UK Volleyball ladies have been named 2015 AVCA All-Region. Ashley Dusek, Kaz Brown, and Morgan Bergen earned the honors.
- UK Football great Art Still was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame yesterday and he was all smiles during the ceremony.
Athletics (@UKAthletics) December 8, 2015
- Matthew Mitchell's UK Hoops team has moved into the top 10 in both polls, coming in at #8. The Lady 'Cats play Louisville tomorrow at 7:00 at Rupp Arena.
- A diver from both the men's and women's side have been named 'divers of the week.' Seb Masterson for the men and Rebecca Hamperian for the ladies.
- Great job by KSR's Tyler Thompson breaking down the individual performance of each player thus far. Good highlights and analysis, check it out HERE.
- The All-SEC awards were handed out today, the number of UK players on the first and second teams is the same as the number of times I have been on the All-SEC football teams; ZERO. I cannot remember a time when that has happened. I also disagree with one guy NOT making it: Jon Toth.
- Austin's Rose is an up and coming country music duo, and they are UK fans. They conducted an interview with Larry Vaught and you can read about them HERE. If you would like to check out their music, go to their VEVO YouTube Channel.
YOUR NON-UK QUICKIES
- Byron Scott of the Lakers has made an interesting choice, he is not going to start Julius Randle or D'Angelo Russel for the next 20-25 games. He has no valid reasoning, other than 'shaking things up.' Tyler Cox did a great job of poking every hole possible in the logic.
- If you do not know @BDotADot5 by now, you should... he has become a master at imitating NBA stars and he decided to take on the entire Los Angeles Clippers team.
- The Golden State Warriors have improved to 23-0 after beating the Pacers. Klay Thompson knocked down 10 thee pointers in the win.
- Speaking of the Warriors, in case you were wondering, MVP Steph Curry can do more than just shoot it.
Oh, you thought Steph was just a shooter? https://t.co/o9JeFtmz4N— Michael Lee (@MrMichaelLee) December 9, 2015
- Ronda Rousey was absolutely destroyed in her last fight, literally and mentally. She has decided to rejoin the world and is looking to fight again.
"I've turned off my phone," she says. "I haven't looked at it. I've just been having long conversations with Mochi [her 7-year-old Argentinian Mastiff]."
- Mark Schlabach has ranked all 40 bowls in terms of what games may be the best to watch. Besides the College Football Playoffs, here are a few of his picks.
- Notre Dame vs. Ohio State
- Stanford vs. Iowa
- Oregon vs. TCU
- North Carolina vs. Baylor
- BYU vs. UTAH
- The Cincinnati Reds had a deal with the Dodgers to send ALL-STAR closer Aroldis Chapman out west. However, that deal is now in limbo after it was learned that Chapman has a domestic violence charge pending.
- Richard Pitino's move to Minnesota has not been the coming out party a lot of Rick Pitino apologists had hoped for. The Golden Gophers lost to South Dakota State by 14 and dropped to 5-4
- UCONN's Kevin Ollie decided to express his disapproval with a referee by throwing a bunch of papers off the media table and onto the floor... if you are wanting to get T'd up, that will do it every time folks.
- Former 'Cat Jodie Meeks is a few weeks away from returning and the Pistons are leaning toward a D-League rehab stint.
- Former 'Cat Rajon Rondo has been nothing short of an All-Star thus far this season and he pulled off a very Rondo-esque move last night. Didn't Rondo get called for a carry once for doing this at UK?
- The New York Giants are 5-7, if the games would have ended with 75 seconds left in regulation, they would be 10-2. That is ASTOUNDING.
- An Ohio State fan decided to write an open letter to the College Football Playoff Committee explaining why the Buckeyes should be in the playoff over Alabama.
- West Virginia decided to break out some shiny golden basketball shoes last night vs. Virginia (They Lost).
- The University of Louisville has yet ANOTHER SCANDAL going on. This one is not with the athletic programs, however, it is once again a part of unethical behavior. The FBI is probing three UofL officials for misuse of federal grant money for non-university uses.
YOUR RANDOM QUICKIES
- I am not sure I could handle being stabbed in the head quite as cool and casually as this dude did.
- Would you like to rent a Micro-Apartment in Manhattan? If you are wondering how big a micro apartment is, it's between 265 and 360 square feet, total. The monthly rent on those glorified bathrooms... between $2,650 and $3,150 per MONTH.
- Your Pro-Tip of the day from me: if you are going to rob something and then run from the police, do not pick a pond with an 11-foot Alligator in it that will eat you.
- In Case you did not get enough of Fast and Furious with the 7th installment, good news, there will be three more, according to Vin Diesel.
- Talk about heartbreaking, most everyone has seen the timeless classic movie "The Sandlot." The guy who played Benny "The Jet" Rodriguez has been arrested for a Halloween assault.
- New Game of Thrones footage released for the first time since the 'IS JON SNOW REALLY DEAD' Finale.