Kentucky has not had a good performance since the Duke win, with an extended period of time off, we have to live with the frustration for a few more days. The 'Cats have the Eastern Kentucky Colonels coming to town Wednesday, followed by Arizona State and Bobby Hurley coming to town this weekend.
Kentucky looks to get back to winning and start finding the bottom of the net a little... well, a lot more. While that loss was an embarrassing one, it is only the second time our 'Cats have lost in the last 47 games.
Losing is a part of the learning and development process, when utilized properly. Being able to go into a hostile environment and get your butt kicked should do wonders for this group going forward, Coach Cal included.
TWEET(S) OF THE NIGHT
@_KeithGarrett It's in the metric system, so it wouldn't translate anyway.— funKYcat75 (@funKYcat75) December 7, 2015
DEFINITION OF DETERMINATION. pic.twitter.com/FRWZjhAGLa— CBS Sports CFB (@CBSSportsCFB) December 6, 2015
YOUR WILDCAT QUICKIES
- Jordan Swindle and Landon Foster were named Academic All-Americans for this past season. Foster has a 3.97 GPA with a double major in marketing and finance. Swindle has a 3.91 GPA in Kinesiology.
- The Kentucky Volleyball team exited the NCAA Tournament early at the hands of American University in a 3-0 loss.
- With the increasing violent events happening seemingly anywhere and anytime, The University of Kentucky is upping its Game-Day operations at Rupp Arena. The full list of changes is in this article, make sure you are up to date on this if you attend games.
- Good write-up by Chris Fisher discussing further the situations of Skal Labissiere's past. As I will be mentioning in an article later today, it is not your normal flow of middle school to high school to college.
- Kara Lawson has called a few of Kentucky's games this year and I think she does a pretty good job. So do a lot of Kentucky fans.
- The Lexington Herald Leader's Mark Story comprised an article discussing how some of Big Blue Nation's biggest Football fans are dealing with the end of a disappointing season. Spoiler Alert - Not Well.
YOUR NON-WILDCAT QUICKIES
- The College Football post-season is all set, all the bowls are matched up and all the bowls have opposing teams. The main attraction will be Clemson vs. Oklahoma and Alabama vs. Michigan State. The 'undercards' are below as well.
- Some of the intriguing matchup include UL vs. Texas A&M in Nashville, Western Kentucky vs. former coach Willie Taggart in Miami, Duke vs. Indiana in a non-basketball matchup, Notre Dame vs. Ohio State.
- The Michigan State fanbase is riding high these days. Basketball recruiting is going great, the Spartans will be #1 in the polls this week, and the Football Spartans are in the playoffs behind the strength of that 22 play, 9:04 drive on Saturday.
- The SEC East is a mess, Mark Stoops is now the most tenured coach in this portion of the conference. With all the turnover, the East seems to be as wide open as it has ever been. It is likely the Vols will be the favorites to win it next season, but beyond that who knows. KSR's Andrew Cassady compared the turnover in a recent article.
- The Steelers Antonio Brown returned a punt for a TD and went full on into the goalposts with his legs spread, falling onto his back. It was actually pretty entertaining:
Best personal foul I've ever seen pic.twitter.com/weTHrM1Is7— Eric Rosenthal (@ericsports) December 7, 2015
- Steph Curry is on pace to hit an insane 432 three point shots. The record, set by him already, is 286.
- Julius Randle had another double double last night with 15 points and 11 rebounds
- Eric Bledsoe and Brandon Knight had their usual strong output for the Suns. Bledsoe ended up with 23-7-6 and Knight ended up with 17-4-5. Booker did not have a huge game but he is now 13/19 from deep on the year... how much could he have been used this year in Lexington.
- None and done Enes Kanter had a double-double as well with 14 points and 10 rebounds
- Rajón Rondo continues his stellar play and jaw dropping moments. He got an offensive rebound last night and whipped it behind his back out to the three point line for an assist.
- The disassembling of the Cincinnati Reds continues as they are close to a deal that would send 4-time All-Star Aroldis Chapman to the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- Kirk Herbstreit does not like Will Muschamp, I do not either Herby... and I do not think you are alone. But he went on a rant and called the man a lunatic on air, kudos Herby, kudos.
- Nike is the sponsor of choice for all four CFB Playoff teams and they are all going to be wearing a new uniform from Nike called the Mach Speed Uniforms, complete with something called Vapor Jet 4.0 gloves. Anyway, here is the link to the article if you want to check it out.
- Connor Cook of Michigan State just brushing off Archie Griffin is a microcosm of today's millennials, in my opinion. Yes, I am not a fan of his attitude
- Guess who is the #1 seed in the AFC... yeah, the Cincinnati Bengals. If the Bengals can do this, why can't our Wildcats be a winner one day?
- Several former Wildcats got to the end zone this weekend in the NFL, but not who you would think. First off was Danny Trevathan picking off a pass by Phillip Rivers and taking it to the house.
- It would not end there, the Titans Wesley Woodyard also took one to the house on Sunday with a scoop and score on a bad snap.
- How about Cam Newton, dude is putting together his MVP season but is also always looking to give back. Ever Sunday he gives away a Football into the stands and they tried stopping him once yesterday.
Cam real for this pic.twitter.com/CvfkYVG3eC— Racial Draft (@TheRaceDraft) December 7, 2015
YOUR RANDOM QUICKIES
- Note to all Pythons out there, do not eat Porcupines.
- You may not know who Scott Weiland is, but I guarantee you know his band. Weiland was the lead singer for Stone Temple Pilots and he died on his tour bus late last week. Weiland was just 48 years old. Among my favorite STP songs was Plush (the acoustic version was amazing also), Interstate Love Song, Dead and Bloated, Vasoline, and my favorite, Creep:
- Former President Jimmy Carter has proclaimed that he no longer has brain cancer. This is fantastic news for the 91-year old former leader of the free world.
- Robert Loggia (probably best known for Big, and Scarface) has died at the age of 85. Loggia has likely been in at least 2-3 movies that you love. One of his lesser known films that I loved him in was Necessary Roughness, with Scott Bakula as a 30-something QB for Texas State University.
- 20 women are vying for the Oscar for Best Supporting Actress at the 2016 Oscars. My pick would have to be Kate Winslet in 'Steve Jobs'
- Finally, here is the definitive list of America's favorite Cookies according to the Huffington Post study:
- Chocolate Chip
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Oatmeal Raisin
- White Chocolate Macadamia
- Sugar Cookies
- Shortbread Cookies
- Butter Cookies
- M&M Cookies