The newly anointed Kentucky Wildcats took the court as the #1 team in the nation for the 20th time in the last 22 poles, and for the 114th time overall. Only UCLA (134) and Duke (127) have been in the #1 spot more times. Kentucky ended up pulling away late for the 20 point win, highlighted by another Alex Poythress Double-Double.
Poythress had 14 points and 10 rebounds plus a lot of rim abuse, he keeps inching toward 100% health and he was exactly what Coach Cal wants him to be last night. If that Poythress hangs around all year and gets a little more confidence in his knee, he will be the lockdown defender we need along with the beast we have.
This team is still a long way from being the dominant team they can be, but I think they will definitely get there. One of the more fun aspects of this season is going to be watching the evolution of Skal Labissierre. He is a very cerebral player and learns from every mistake and has a drive to get better that few have.
Skal on Cal being hard on him: "If I wanted pats on the back, I could've gone anywhere else."— Kyle Tucker (@KyleTucker_CJ) November 25, 2015
TWEET OF THE NIGHT
@KyleTucker_CJ 23,000 fans. The odds aren't in his favor.— Kel (@bluekel) November 25, 2015
- Shannon Dawson does NOT plan on trying to protect Drew Barker on Saturday. They have full faith in Drew and plan to move forward and 'just play ball' behind him.
"We're just gonna play ball," Dawson said. "He's pretty loose out there. We're just gonna go with what we see."
- One win can cure all; if the 'Cats and Mark Stoops can pull out the win on Saturday they will finish 6-6, go to a bowl game, and shove a big crapburger into the mouths of all Louisville fans. While the last four losses have been frustrating and borderline embarrassing, the aforementioned scenario would heal a lot, if not all of Big Blue Nation's wounds.
- Coach Cal is 'not worried about Louisville', of course there is more to the context than just that quote, but I am sure it will make the rounds as if Cal was saying he thinks Louisville is no good.
Cal: "Why wouldn’t you practice over Xmas for UofL? B/c I’m not worried about Louisville. I’m worried about my family, these kids’ families"— Tyler Thompson (@MrsTylerKSR) November 25, 2015
- Charles Matthews had a strong showing last night and earned time in the rotation, per Calipari. Matthews had 7 rebounds, 2 assists, and a steal in just 18 minutes. My guess is the person who will lose minutes to Matthews is Derek Willis.
Calipari said Charles Matthews was outstanding. Said he likely moved into the rotation.— Derek Terry (@DTerryRivals) November 25, 2015
- The #11 UK Hoops ladies tip off in 4 hours at Noon vs. Eastern Michigan. UK Athletics is promoting the game by allowing just 1$ tickets and general admission to be sold. The game will also be streamed on ESPN+ with Jeff Piecoro and Christi Thomas covering it.
- The #24 Volleyball Wildcats play Georgia tonight at 7:00 if you wanted to make it a full day of UK Lady Athletics. The game will also be streamed on ESPN+
- The Independence Bowl is rooting for Virginia Tech and Kentucky to win to give them SEC-ACC options for their bowl
- The Updated College Football Playoff pairings are out and here would be the matches if the season ended today.
- Golden State was 15-0 coming into tonight vs. the Lakers. A win would set an NBA record for consecutive wins to start a season. They ROLLED past Los Angeles for a 111-77 win. Our guy Julius Randle did have 10 points and 6 rebounds while being the most efficient starter for LA with a plus-minus of -18.
- During that game, a Warrior fan hit a shot to win a contest and decided to throat slash the Lakers bench to taunt them as he bounced off the floor.
- The future of Les Miles in Baton Rouge will likely be determined and announced sometime after their regular season finale on Saturday. One high ranking source said it was 'very likely' they would be buying out his contract.
- Five-Star Recruit Michael Porter, Jr absolutely destroyed a guy on an alley-oop.
- Michigan Coach Jim Harbaugh decided to smash a buckeye with a maize hammer at Bo Schembechler's grave. Harbaugh is certainly a Michigan Man.
- Johnny Manziel just cannot contain himself, after being anointed the starting Quarterback for the remainder of the season, Johnny Football was found on video to be partying recently. The Browns demoted him to third string and this fan caller broke down in tears over the situation.
- LeBron James grew a mustache and decided to curl up the ends of it like a villain, it is actually not a terrible look for him, IMO.
- The now famous, yet ironically named Anonymous hacker group has been on the warpath against ISIS. They are taking down twitter accounts and websites they uncover. Apparently they are also 'Rickrolling' them, LO-friggin-L.
- Former Cowboy Corey White has confirmed that the Cowboys cut him because he violated the travel dress code. He wore slacks and a button down instead of a suit.... and got cut.... yet Greg Hardy remains.
- For nearly 10 years now, a Japanese artist has been making entire city models out of paper and glue, pretty impressive.
- China has decided to clone ONE MILLION cows per year pretty soon, to tackle shortages.
- Amazon has released their plans for Cyber Monday, since everyone reading this is somewhat internet savvy, it may behoove you to check them out.
- Here are some common mistakes when making your Turkey for tomorrow and how to prevent them.