Tonight begins the annual mission of the Wildcats mission to hang another banner in Rupp Arena, preferably the championship variety. Our 'Cats have their first exhibition game against the Ottawa Braves.
If you are wondering, this university is not located in Canada, it is actually located in Kansas. The Braves are an NAIA school picked to finish middle of the pack in their conference.
The 'Cats open the season as the odds-on favorite to win the national title at 7 to 1, just ahead of Duke. We will get our first look at the guard heavy 'Cats and after Saturday night's debacle, the Big Blue Nation needs a pick me up.
If you're really into starting lineups, this is from UK: pic.twitter.com/8EFeNIiGbY— T.J. Beisner (@Beisner_cn2) November 1, 2015
TWEETS OF THE DAY
¯\_(ツ)_/¯— Miami Hurricanes (@MiamiHurricanes) November 1, 2015
- I think it is time that DJ Eliot started getting some heat under his seat. There has been minimal improvement in the defense and way too many total system failures. In the final six losses last season we gave up 41, 45, 20, 63, 50, and 44 points. Eliot got far too little criticism for last season's breakdown.
The basketball team was actually close to giving up less points per game during that span. Now we have given up 42 and 52 points in the last two games. Not just the points given up, but the seemingly continuous struggle to get lined up correctly and inability to adjust as well.
The TV broadcast likened Dak Prescott to 'Playing against Air', and at one point last night, Jesse Palmer described the defense as embarrassing, while using the word 'gashed' constantly. At one point Saturday night, the Vols touched the ball on six occasions and scored a TD on every one of them. This included punts and kickoffs... THAT is embarrassing
- This brings me to my next point, we DO NOT HAVE a Special Teams coach. This is something that clearly is not working for us
- There has not been an update on Boom Williams' elbow but we should know more at Stoops' presser at noon today.
- Frank Beamer once led Virginia Tech to 22 straight winning seasons and 22 straight bowl appearances. After this 2015 season, the man will be stepping away from Football and retiring. 'Beamer, 69, retires as the winningest active coach in FBS, with a 234-120-2 record in 29 seasons as coach of his alma mater. He guided the Hokies to four ACC titles, three Big East championships and six appearances in BCS bowl games.'
- Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly put hands on one of his coaches and nearly turned it into fisticuffs. Kelly says he was trying to "control the sideline" and prevent Coach Grimes from getting a 15-yard penalty.
- Former Tiger Woods caddie Steve Williams has written an autobiography detailing his time with Tiger as well as criticisms of his handling the infidelity scandal. Williams also goes on to say he felt "it was like I was his slave."
- Bud Dupree had one tackle Sunday, but it was his 4th sack of the season.
- Jacob Tamme had a big game with 10 catches for 103 yards and one TD.
- Wesley Woodyard had 7 tackles vs. Houston yesterday.
- Stevie Johnson had 2 catches for 28 yards vs. Baltimore
- Randall Cobb had 6 catches for 27 yards
- Drew Brees had an NFL Record Tying 7 Touchdowns on Sunday against the Giants
- Steve Smith Sr of the Ravens will be out for the season with a crushing torn achilles injury.
- Chipotle is closing 40 restaurants after allegedly serving E-Coli laced burritos. I hope you did not patron one of the restaurants over the weekend.
- The Rock nailed Popeye as his Halloween Costume
- A 7-year old in California fell and scraped his knee, after it swelled up to the size of an orange they took him to the doctor. They said it may be MRSA and to not pop the swelling. After it turned black she felt she had to do something so she popped it. They found a sea snail living inside his knee.
- The Walking Dead was a very strong episode last night, unfortunately we did not learn the fate of Rick, nor did we get closure on Glenn but it was a great episode. Knowing Morgan's backstory was essential and they did it very well.
- Pretty cool article about five things you do now know about 'The Breaking Bad', amazing how you cannot see the show any way other than it was.
- Leah Remini recently came out against Scientology and has opened up even more about it with her new book titled 'Troublemaker' as well as a few interviews. After watching her interview I decided to watch the HBO documentary 'Going Clear' and I am astounded at this "religion."
- I watched two great movies over the weekend, 'Steve Jobs' and 'The Gift'. I highly recommend both, Jobs was an awesome movie and I plan to read the books about him now. The Gift was entertaining and the twist was messed up.