The Kentucky Football program is rolling strong through October and remain at the forefront of the fan focus, and rightly so. However, for at least one night the Coach Cal media recruiting train, also known as practice, took center stage. ESPN rolled in Seth Greenberg, Andy Katz, Jay Williams, and Doris Burke to cover the practice/combine in front of representatives from all 30 NBA teams.
So, what did we learn from the time we saw our boys in blue try and impress the NBA scouts. Well, we learned a few things, but we also had a lot of things confirmed.
- Skal Labissierre is silky smooth and scary talented
- Tyler Ulis is one of the best in America... I think we will win 4-5 games that we SHOULD lose, but Ulis will not allow it.
- Charles Matthews is an athletic freak
- We are ATHLETIC everywhere on the court
- Isaiah Briscoe has zero fear and looks much more mature than a freshman.
This notes Matthews and Mulder posted max vertical leaps of 41.5 and 44 inches. That is good. https://t.co/m8f95UgsLU— Kyle Tucker (@KyleTucker_CJ) October 12, 2015
- Skal has a sweet mid-range jumper with a high release and a high arc.
- Isaac "Jorts 2.0" Humphries has game. The kid looks and moves like Josh Harrelson and he has a great jumper as well. He is 17 years old and has a lot of raw to him, but he is going to be an important cog
- Poythress got swole! He is ripped up and the rehab is going well, great to see him back out there.
- Skal's NCAA hold up is amateurism, not academic or he would not be practicing.
- Jamal Murray has a lot of Brandon Knight in him, cool, calm, collective, and an assassin.
TWEET(S) OF THE DAY
What channel is UL's practice on?? Oh that's right ...... Court Tv!!— KYgirl 79 (@MonroeSm) October 12, 2015
Cal: "We're not doing this at the expense of academics. We're just letting these players chase their genius."— Adam Zagoria (@AdamZagoria) October 12, 2015
Crap is Calipara doin' on ma tv?!— Daggum Roy (@DaggumRoy) October 12, 2015
- We are second in the SEC East and folks, we have a viable path to Atlanta. It is not an easy one, but it is possible... vs. Auburn, vs. UT, at Miss St, at Vandy, at UGA. Everyone of those games are winnable, I am not saying we will, but it is possible.
- EJ Floreal dropped a hammer at practice tonight:
- Who is going to be the QB for Auburn Thursday, who knows. The Auburn coaching staff has still not decided on who will be under center, but they do plan to before Thursday
- Marcus Lee KNOWS it is his time, will he take advantage of it?
"This year I feel like more of the complete package"
- Wesley Woodyard and Avery Williamson combined for 18 tackles to lead the Titans defense yesterday
- Jacob Tamme led the Falcons in receiving yesterday with 8 catches for 94 yards.
- Danny Trevathan had a great game leading the Broncos with 10 tackles.
- Odell Beckham Jr. decided to do a "little" dane after one of his TDs last night and ended up pulling a hamstring from it
Odell Beckham Jr. limped off the field after this pic.twitter.com/L0UiGWucQT— Eric Rosenthal (@ericsports) October 12, 2015
- Astros Fans are pretty casual these days, apparently this lady was on video snorting "something"
- Chase Utley has been suspended for games 3 and 4 of the NLDS due to his ridiculous slide Saturday that broke Ruben Tejada's leg.
- I played baseball through college and we were always taught to slide hard and through the bag. However, Utley's slide was not what is taught or accepted. It was an over the top attempt and should have been met with more vigor in the punishment.
- USC Coach Steve Sarkisian has been put on a leave of absence by the University after supposedly showing up Sunday intoxicated. An assistant also thought he may have been inebriated during the Arizona State game.
- NO ACL tear for Georgia running back Nick Chubb, but he does have significant damage and some other torn ligaments requiring surgery.
- The Browns Ben Celestine with a "Butt Catch" against Baltimore, pretty amazing concentration.
- Terry Bradshaw with a no-holds barred take on the Greg Hardy situation, kudos to you Terry.
- THE WALKING DEAD is back, and Homeland came back last week, TV Is good again. I really liked how the started off both shows, the shot of the walkers in the quarry was awesome.