John Calipari had a great Q&A session with the media that has just been released. It has 45 minutes worth of Cal speaking about what to expect out of this season and he closes the book a little more on last season. Honestly, I wish he would throw that book into the fireplace, let it burn, and never speak of it again.
Here is the audio in full:
If you don't have time to listen, here are some of the highlights:
- The team is going to start slow and look to be one of the youngest in the country.
- Alex Poythress is going to be the focal point of the team. He is arguably the most gifted athlete on the team and there aren't many teams in the country that have a guy like Alex at his position.
- Some of the coaches say that Skal Labissiere is further along than Karl-Anthony Towns was at this point last season, but Cal isn't buying. He has all of the skill and ability in the world, but he has some growing up to do. Which is expected.
- He talked about platooning. Can we please stop talking about platooning.
- Tyler Ulis is a general on the court. Me likey.
- Cal is still trying to figure out what type of team he has.
The three best Point Guards in the nation! pic.twitter.com/uj2IJUnN6o— Kentucky Wildcats (@UKSportsZone) October 1, 2015
That's a lot of Quickies to start your morning. Enjoy and Go Big Blue.