Previous GOG Results
GOG 18 is scored. Congratulations to CatinTheLou for winning!
(note: please let me know if a mistake has been made in the scoring - they do happen from time to time)
- Men's Schedule
- Men's Statsheet page
- Jon Scott's incomparable UK site
- A primer on tempo free stats as well as some other definitions
- NCAA Tournament Bracket (png)
GOG 2013-14 #19: NCAA Tournament
Answers are due by 12:00 PM on Thursday, March 20.
Note: Results from the play-in games do not count towards any of these questions except for the bonus.
Note 2: For question 12, the order of teams eliminated will be determined by which round they lose in (2nd round, Sweet 16, etc) and not the actual day or time of the game within each round (so a loss on Thursday is the same as a loss on Friday in terms of when they happened).
- Does any player on any team record a triple-double in the tournament? [+/- 1 point] No
- Does a team seeded 6 or lower make the Final Four? [+/- 1 point] Yes
- Does UK hold Kansas St under 1 point per possession? [+/- 1 point] Yes
- Who grabs the most rebounds in the tournament: Julius Randle or the duo of Dakari Johnson and Willie Cauley-Stein? [+/- 1 point] Randle
- How many points does UK score against Kansas St? [4/3/2/1 point] 56
- How much does Duke lose by? [4/3/2/1 point] 7
- What is the highest point total in a game by a #3 seed in the tournament? [4/3/2/1 point] 93
- What is the smallest margin of victory by a #1 seed over a #16 seed? [4/3/2/1 point] 9
- Who wins the tournament (Choose 1): A 1 or 2 seed [2 points]; a 3 - 5 seed [3 points]; a 6 - 8 seed [3 points]; a 9 - 16 seed? [6 points] 6-8 seed
- How many wins for Kentucky? [3 points] 5
- Pick your Final Four teams. [4 points each; 1 point if they lose in the Elite 8] Florida (Dayton), UConn (Michigan St), Wisconsin (Arizona), Kentucky (Michigan)
- Who is the last remaining #1 seed in the tournament (as determined by round)? [3 points] Florida
- How many total games do the Play-in Game teams win in the tournament (not counting Tuesday or Wednesday)? [3 points; 1 point if within one] 2
- How many total wins for SEC teams? [3 points; 1 point if within two] 11
- How many double-digit seeds make the Sweet 16? [4 points; 2 points if within one; 1 point if within two] 3
- Predict Aaron Harrison's point totals for each of UK's first three games (will be 0 if UK loses beforehand). [3 points each; 1 point if within two] 18 / 19 / 15
- Predict Andrew Harrison's Assists / Made FTs / Turnovers against Kansas St. [3 points each; 1 point if within two] 3 / 7 / 6
- Predict James Young's shooting line for the tournament: 2pt FG% / 3pt FG% / FT%. [3 points each if within three percentage points; 1 point if within seven percentage points] 42.5 / 42.9 / 85.7
- Who scores the first points of the tournament for UK? [3 points] Andrew Harrison
- Who scores the final points of the tournament for UK? [3 points] James Young
- How many games do the UK women win? [4 points; 2 point if within one] 2
- How many SEC teams advance to the Elite 8? [3 points; 1 point if within one] 1
- Who leads UK in scoring for the tournament? [4 points; 2 points if second; 1 point if third] Stallworth (Goss, O'Neill)
Bonus: What is the total number of points scored by all teams combined in all 67 games of the tournament (men only) this year (includes the play-in games)? The closest answer will receive 3 points and everyone within 5% of the correct answer will receive 1 additional point. 9164. Closest answer was GoLightning with 9179, between 8706 and 9622 to receive a point (which everyone got).