Today, the Baylor Bears invade Rupp Arena to take on the Kentucky Wildcats. Game particulars are as follows, courtesy of UKAthletics.com:
|Kentucky vs. Baylor|
Sat., Dec. 1 - 12:30 p.m. ET
Game Notes: UK | BU
| Gameday Live: Online audio, blog and stats|
Radio: UK IMG
Baylor comes into this game off a loss, just like Kentucky. Baylor lost at home last Saturday to the College of Charleston, and has had a week to prepare for the Wildcats. Conversely, Kentucky just lost to the Notre Dame Fighting Irish two days ago. Both teams are in need of a win.
To win today, Kentucky must:
- Rebound. If UK continues to lose the rebounding battle, this is going to be a long season.
- Be patient. Zone offense requires patience, and Kentucky showed precious little against Notre Dame.
- Recognize the defenses, and exploit its weaknesses. Baylor will switch between zones, and even some man-to-man. Kentucky must recognize the defense and attack it intelligently.
- Listen to Coach Cal. I think that too many times last game, UK was operating off the script.
- Compete. Last game, Kentucky did not compete for anything, and they got thrashed because of that.
It would suck to go on a two-game losing streak this early in the season, so let's not.