Tonight, the Arkansas-Little Rock Trojans make the journey to Louisville to face the Kentucky Wildcats in what is nominally a semi-home game in Freedom Hall in Louisville. Game particulars as follows, courtesy of UKAthletics.com:
|Kentucky vs. Arkansas-Little Rock
Tues., Jan. 3 - 7:00 p.m. ET
Game Notes: UK | UALR
|TV: UK IMG/FS South
Radio: UK IMG
Live Video via ESPN3
Live Postgame Press Conference
Some of you may have difficulty finding this game, so be sure to check the TV link above, it will give you detailed information. It is available in most Kentucky outlets, but out-of-state people may have difficulty locating it.
Tonight's game is the kick-off for the 2012 portion of the season and is the final non-conference game of the regular season for Kentucky. I'll be in attendance for this game, so I'll try to put some pictures on the Facebook page for those who are following A Sea of Blue there.
What I'm hoping to see:
- Good offensive execution. For the most part, Kentucky's defense is executing very well right now, but the offense could use a bit of grease.
- Dominant rebounding on the offensive glass. Kentucky has no excuse not to run away with the offensive rebounding stats.
- Low turnovers. This is not a very aggressive UALR defense, especially compared to what Kentucky just faced from the Louisville Cardinals.
- Improvement from Terrence Jones. I hope his finger is doing better. We should be able to see tonight.
- A better game from Marquis Teague. He is still not quite there yet at the point.
Kentucky can't take the Trojans lightly, as evidenced by their recent upset of Denver. But if they come out focused and play hard, they should be able to put this one away fairly early. UALR just isn't talented or deep enough to stay with UK for long, and if they do, Calipari will be unhappy.