Welcome to the A Sea of Blue open game thread for the Arkansas Razorbacks at Kentucky Wildcats game tonight in Rupp Arena. Game particulars as follows, courtesy of UKAthletics.com:
|Arkansas @ Kentucky|
|Kentucky vs. Arkansas|
Tues., Jan. 17 - 9:00 p.m. ET
Game Notes: UK | UA
Radio: UK IMG
Live Video via ESPN3
First things: For those of you who missed the ESPN3 link above, here it is again. No excuses. Second, for the Razorback perspective on things, be sure to visit the SB Nation Razorbacks blog, Arkansas Expats.
The Razorbacks are coming off a big win versus the LSU Tigers, and I know they are hungry for another. For the Wildcats, they have not tasted defeat in over a month in Bloomington versus the Indiana Hoosiers.
What Kentucky must do to win:
- Handle the Arkansas defensive pressure. This will be the most intense defensive pressure they have seen.
- Control the tempo. It's never wise to let a team like Arkansas dictate the tempo. Arkansas is somewhat pace-sensitive against better teams, and if UK can keep it under 70 possessions, it increases their chances of winning.
- Attack inside wherever possible. Kentucky has a size and quickness advantage inside.
- Guard the three. Arkansas doesn't exactly rain threes on opponents, but they can and sometimes do.
- Get offensive rebounds. Arkansas is not a good defensive rebounding team, and UK needs to exploit that weakness.
This looks like another challenge that UK should be able to meet, but only if they bring their A game and not take this young team for granted. The Hogs will attack UK like they talked bad about their collective mamas, and the 'Cats must respond.
Beyond that, Kentucky has been executing inconsistently on offense. I sure would like to see that change.