There's no doubt that Twitter has changed the game in the interaction between fans and the players, coaches and teams they love, and the ones they love to hate. A quick search, and one can find and follow just about any sports personality that interests them.
One day, I was scouring the twitterverse for North Carolina coach Roy Williams. I came across a Twitter handle that fit roys style and personality - @DaggumRoy. After going back and forth with Roy, I found him to be an affable
fella feller fellow (dagblern it, he's rubbing off on me).
Because we here at ASOB like to bring you the hottest information and the best interviews, I fired an email off to Roy. Knowing he's a very, very busy man, I was shocked when he replied that he'd be "hapyer 'en pig in mud" to chat with us. We talked about how UK and UNC match up, the play of Josh Harrellson, his week in Newark, and even what Coach K has been up to.
The interview is after the jump. Any spelling, grammatical or other mistakes by Roy were left in via an editorial decision. Bottom line: You don't mess with genius, even if it can't spell.
1) You've had a little trouble in the past 24-hours with fire alarms and distractions. You seem to think Coach Cal is behind it. Do you think he's using these distractions to get an edge?
2) Talk about the play of Josh Harrellson. He has really blossomed since the game in Chapel Hill.
I did 36 holes of scoutin' on this feller Saturday and I can tell ya right now if he whar's them jean shorts tomorrow, we're gonna have some daggum problems. Most of these boys want er wear these ol baggy thangs and if he comes in thar with them short un's ... I don't know. Tryin' to shelter Zell from that kinder pornographa. Real concern is that this Jorts-ellson feller could put a hurt n squirt on Zell and Hensern. We had a whoop of a incident with Zeller in the Alexander Julian Light Blue n White scrimmage n Tea we have in the preseason -- Dean Dome air conditionin' swoled up outta no-whar and blew Zell's right arm clean off. Sewed er back, but he's a kinder, uh, a sissa. Heck, that Alaskan y'all had last yr whispered at him and snapped a daggum vertebra in Z's neck. Gotdern.
3) How is life since Larry Drew left the team? Things seem to be going well.
4) Talk about this match up with UK. How do you see it playing out? What are the keys to beating the red-hot 'Cats?
5) Kentucky and North Carolina are the winningest programs in the history of the NCAA tournament. Now they are playing for a spot in the Final Four. Talk about the significance of this game.
6) How have you been enjoying Newark? Have you met Snooki?
7) If you manage to beat Kentucky and go to the Final Four, how will you celebrate?
8) What do you think Coach K is doing in his down time?