This is the official A Sea of Blue open game thread for the Princeton Tigers @ Kentucky Wildcats, the first round game in the East regional of the 2011 NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament. Game particulars as follows, via UKAthletics.com:
|Princeton Tigers @ Kentucky Wildcats|
|Game Notes||Kentucky Game Notes | Princeton Game Notes|
|Date & Time||Thurs., Mar. 17, 2:45 p.m. ET|
|Location||St. Pete Times Forum |
| Roar Blog |
Kentucky Seniors Video
The Tigers got here by winning a playoff with the Harvard Crimson for the Ivy League title. Kentucky got the automatic bid by defeating the Florida Gators in the SEC championship game last Sunday.
More after the jump.
Keys to a Kentucky win:
- Use their superior athleticism to get as many run-outs as possible.
- If Terrence Jones plays well, Kentucky could find this an easy game. Jones has struggled of late.
- Avoid careless fouls. One of the ways Kentucky can lose this game is by getting in foul trouble.
- Watch the back cuts. Pete Carill may not be here, but that spirit of the Princeton offense still is.
- Attack the basket. Kentucky has a huge quickness advantage, and if they can force the defense to rotate, they will get open looks all day.
Keys to a Princeton upset:
- Shoot the ball well, particularly in the paint.
- Make open threes.
- Force Kentucky to foul.
- Avoid getting into an up and down game with the Wildcats.