Just in case you missed it last night, the Kentucky Hoops team matched the boys with a #4 seed in the NCAA tournament, their second #4 seed in a row. Matthew Mitchell has completely changed the culture of women's basketball at Kentucky, and we will be following the ladies with great interest here at A Sea of Blue.
Now, for today's links:
- Princeton offense defies its tradition :: Kentucky.com
- Sowing the seeds for March Madness - National college basketball - The Buffalo News
UK women are headed to Albuquerque :: Lexington Herald-Leader
Congrats to Coach Mitchell and the UK Hoops team!
Big Blue Fans Give Neutral Sites Hometown Feeling :: Lexington, Kentucky
"It's amazing to watch. Wherever we go, they travel with us. We played in Maui this year and we had 3,000-plus fans in Maui. We so appreciate everything they do for us and we love playing for them," he said.
This is one of the things that makes Kentucky basketball so great.
2011 NBA Draft, Version 1.0 - RealGM Articles
Make of it what you will.
Picking Your 2011 NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament Bracket Maize n Brew Style - Maize n Brew
Hilarious. Great fun from one of our first and best SBNation friends.
Schools We'll Be Pulling For In The 2011 NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament - Maize n Brew
Maybe I should just link all Maize 'n Brew's posts. Sounds like a plan!
- This Princeton offense is making the transition :: cincinnati.com
Will UConn have the legs to make another tournament run? :: Beyond the Arc
- John Wall Making a Name for Himself in the NBA
- UK Sports Info :: Oklahoma St And Arkansas Wish They Were Kentucky
Kentucky Wildcats jell into strong team entering NCAA Tournament - St. Petersburg Times
"I mean, everybody on this team has gotten better," Calipari said. "Darius Miller's not even the same guy. … I'm happy with Brandon, where he was at the beginning of the year. And it's just like Derrick Rose and Tyreke (Evans), and John Wall — they all over the year got better. So has Brandon."
Five (plus two) Tournament Darkhorses You Shouldn't OverlookBeyond the Arc
I agree with every one of these but Michigan St. They just don't have enough scoring options.
Terrence Jones - Brandon Knight: AP All-SEC Team :: The UK Nation
Tubby Smith's Name Connected With Arkansas Position :: The UK Nation
I don't think this is going to happen.
Kentucky Sports Radio :: What really happened in the NCAA Selection Commmittee War Room
Sounds about right.
- Bledsoe Has Career Night Against Wall - Wizards :: The UK Nation
Gillispie Could Be Announced at Texas Tech Wednesday
This, I believe.
- Happy Birthday Patrick Patterson :: The UK Nation
- NCAA Basketball: Is Princeton the 2011 NCAA Tournament Cinderella? :: Qwerty.Web.id
In N.C.A.A. Tournament, Talent Is Nice, but Luck Is Vital - NYTimes.com
It's nice to know UK wasn't the unluckiest team in the draw -- not by a long shot.
- Future Cat Kyle Wiltjer and team claim third straight state title
- Rondo's Slump - CelticsBlog
- Tennessee-Michigan: These Guys Look Somehow Familiar - Rocky Top Talk
- BBL: UK women go west; Princeton not old Princeton :: John Clay’s Sidelines
March Madness NCAA Tournament: NCAA selection committee's blunder costs Virginia Tech, Colorado
The NCAA is kind of like a living and breathing constitution. That's because precedents don't hold true and each committee does what it wants according to its own bias. We are not supposed to question the integrity of the event. However when the chairman of the committee, Smith, is from Ohio State - where the football coach chose to ignore information that his players were selling memorabilia to a local tattoo parlor and the president of the school has gone on record referring to Boise State's competition as "the Little Sisters of the Poor" - it brings into question whether Smith was given a mandate to get as many Big Ten members in the brackets or if he has a bias against those "Little Sisters."
Kirk Herbstreit Driven from Columbus by Irate Ohio State Fans - Track Em Tigers
Are you kidding me? Has college football gotten so out of control with hate that a vocal minority of a team's fanbase can cause such an abrupt decision to be made by the literal golden boy of your program? If we thought CFB ploitics here in the south were bad, we haven't seen nothin yet, apparently.
- Numbers And Such: History Of The 7-10 Seed Matchup - Black Shoe Diaries
- Your RBR Word of the Day: pusillanimous - Roll 'Bama Roll
- Using History to Help Fill Out Your Bracket - Team Speed Kills
- Dick Weiss unveils his NCAA basketball All-Americans :: New York Daily News
- Five must-see second-round games - CBSSports.com
Tubby Smith expects to be back as Minnesota Golden Gophers coach - NCAA Basketball - SI.com
This, I believe.