This Kentucky team seems to have lost a lot of confidence, and they need to hunt that down and recover it as soon as possible.
Terrence Jones Says It's The Nervous Cats :: Lexington, Kentucky
Lose enough close games, and it's bound to affect a team. This team does not have confidence in late game situations on the road, and that is not a good thing.
- Rush The Court :: Morning Five: 02.16.11 Edition
Music City Bowl had $20 million impact on Nashville economy, up sharply from 2009 :: The Tennessean
Who benefits most from these bowl games? Here's a hint -- it isn't the NCAA.
Buckeyes win battle with late clutch plays :: The Journal Gazette
This year is one that Izzo would probably like to forget.
On his thoughts of the shot...
"I wasn't really focusing, and the next time he said ‘do you understand? This time they are going to foul you.' And I was like ‘okay, I got you coach.' He tried to foul me, and as I saw him coming I just tried to throw it up towards the rim. The ref saw that and gave us the foul shots."
The perils of making a strategy too obvious.
Sidney, Mississippi State's big man took a lot of garbage from Kentucky fans. Somehow they got his cell phone. There were calls, there were texts, it was nasty for about 24 hours leading up to the game, but Dee Bost, Mississippi State's guard told LEX 18 Sports that there was nothing racial. True Blue fans were trying to upset him. Bost didn't think it had any effect at all.
Now UK fans look the idiot.
OK, down the stretch, Kentucky reverted to past bad habits. Maybe we should resign ourselves to the fact that this young UK team is just not going to finish games in convincing fashion. Not losses. Not even wins.
"Down the stretch just bothered me," Calipari said. "It got hairy. We had a chance to lose the game."
Yeah. Well, at least we didn't. Nothing is going to fix this problem until this team starts believing in itself in late-game situations.
Kentucky's lesson of the night: Enjoy selves :: The Courier-Journal
My wife commented on this last night. This is a team that has no fun on the court.
- COLUMN: UK mimics Mississippi State dysfunction early :: The Kentucky Kernel
- Top 10:Everybody Hates Cal: Calipari’s Top 10 Coaching Feuds :: LostLettermen.com
- Kings rookie DeMarcus Cousins' immaturity no surprise; when did the system fail him? :: ESPN
- Bracketology: NCAA Tournament Top Seed Stays With Ohio State Despite Loss :: SBNation.com
ESPN Introduces Unpleasant Overhead Cam :: The Big Lead
Epic, galactic fail.
- Kentucky baseball picked to finish fourth in the East :: University of Kentucky Sports News | Lexington Herald-Leader
- ESPN’s DizzyCam, Sidney’s cell, Steve Brown, more BBL :: John Clay’s Sidelines