Tonight, the Kentucky Wildcats welcome the Lamar Cardinals into Rupp Arena for the third time in history. This is the the final chance for Kentucky to work out the bugs before the Louisville game on Saturday. Game particulars as follows:
|Kentucky vs. Lamar|
Weds., Dec. 28 - 8:30 p.m. ET
Game Notes: UK | LU
Radio: UK IMG
Live video via ESPN3
Live Postgame Press Conference
As all of you know, Pat Knight, former Texas Tech coach and son Bobby Knight will be coaching the Cardinals tonight. Lamar is coming off a loss at #2 Ohio St. Buckeys.
Keys to the game tonight:
- Attack the smaller Cardinals inside. Lamar is essentially a man-to-man team, and they don't match up well inside against Kentucky.
- Take care of the defensive glass. Lamar is a good offensive rebounding team, and can give UK problems if they don't take care of the defensive rebounding.
- Defend inside. Lamar isn't really a good 3-point shooting team, so UK can afford to help off some of their shooters. Lamar isn't really a good shooting team period, so more pressure on their offense should equal rebounds and run-outs.
- Allow Lamar to get the pace up. They like to run, but a running game should favor UK.
- Play screens well. UK has struggled with that all year.
There is not a lot to say about this game except that we can probably expect some sort of surprise, like a deliberate style, or a zone, or something else abnormal from Knight in an attempt to gain an advantage.