|Morehouse @ Kentucky
|Kentucky vs. Morehouse (exh)
Mon., Nov. 7 - 7:00 p.m. ET
Game Notes: UK
|TV: FS South/UK IMG
Radio: UK IMG
Live Video via ESPN3
Tonight's game marks the final tune-up before the Big Blue Machine transitions into games that count on Friday, and Kentucky has numerous issues to work on from the last game versus Transylvania University, the most glaring of which are physicality and execution.
Here are the things I am looking for tonight:
- More physical play out of everyone but Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. He will be physical, and doesn't have an off switch.
- Fewer 3-point shots early in the possession. This team needs to work on half-court execution, as it was notably lacking in the last game.
- Better picks. The picks last game were embarrassingly poor, and if we can't do something as fundamental as set a solid screen, we are going to be hurting ourselves.
- More plays in the post. We saw precious little of that in the last game, and even though it isn't part of the DDM, we know that we'll see other sets as well.
- More overall aggression. This team started slow last week primarily due to the passive tone they set settling for three-point shots early. UK is always going to get open looks from three this year. We need to get easy baskets at the rim, and overpower our smaller opponents down in the paint.
Those are my thoughts, now share yours. This is going up a bit early tonight, as I am on the road as you read this, and may or may not make tip-off. but I definitely will be watching somewhere, somewhen during this game.