Welcome to the A Sea of Blue open game thread for the Portland Pilots @ Kentucky Wildcats tonight at 7:00 PM in Rupp Arena. Game particulars are as follows:
|Portland @ Kentucky|
|Kentucky vs. Portland|
Sat., Nov. 26 - 7:00 p.m. ET
Game Notes: UK
|TV: FS South/UK IMG|
Radio: UK IMG
Live Video via ESPN3
Portland is a West Coast Conference team trying to come into Rupp and upset the Wildcats, who have feasted on similar competition this year as if it were Thanksgiving turkey and dressing. The Wildcats have been dominant against all but strong, athletic teams, and they have pretty much dominated even them, although not by a lopsided margin. This young Pilots team will be hard pressed to stay in the game with UK for much more than one half of basketball unless they pull out something unseen so far, or UK decides not to show up.
What I expect to see:
- Anthony Davis to get van der Mars in foul trouble early. Van der Mars simply cannot deal with Davis' sick athleticism, or run the floor with him on the break.
- Marquis Teague continue to improve in passing and ballhandling.
- Michael Kidd-Gilchrist to rack up a double-double.
- Kentucky's zone offense continue its path to improvement.
- A dominant shooting performance.
Even if only a few of these come true, it will be difficult for Portland to compete for very long, although not impossible. After the UT game, though, I definitely believe in miracles, so I want UK to take care of business early.