Welcome to the official open game thread for the Kentucky Wildcats @ Vanderbilt Commodores. Today's contest is pretty much a must-win for both teams' bowl hopes, such as they are. Particulars as follows, courtesy of UKAthletics.com:
|Kentucky @ Vanderbilt|
|Kentucky at Vanderbilt|
Sat., Nov. 12 - 12:21 p.m. ET
Game Notes: UK | VU
|TV: SEC Network|
Radio: UK IMG
Live Video via ESPN3
We expect to have Raymond Sanders available for this game, as well as Donte Rumph and Mister Cobble. Ridge Wilson looks doubtful due to a nagging shoulder injury, and true freshman Alvin Dupree will most likely serve in his stead. Matt Roark, who has been stellar in the last two games, is expected to play, although he could be a bit limited due to foot injury.
- UK needs better pass defense. Kentucky has really struggled giving up big plays through the air recently.
- The 'Cats need strong pass rush. Vandy's Jordan Rogers is deadly when you give him time, and Kentucky really needs to get pressure on him.
- Max Smith needs to continue to improve. I say this knowing full well he is due for a bit of a regression, and the road is much different than home stadium.
- We need a lot of CoShik Williams and hopefully a dose of Raymond Sanders.
- Is there any hope for our return game?
That's what I've got. Win this, and suddenly Kentucky is in the bowl picture, which is unbelievable to me given the season UK has had so far. Lose, and the Tennessee game likely becomes our bowl this year.