This is the official A Sea of Blue open game thread for the Kentucky Wildcats @ Georgia Bulldogs basketball game. Game particulars are as follows, via UKAthletics.com:
|Kentucky @ Georgia|
|Game Notes||Kentucky Game Notes | Georgia Game Notes|
|Date & Time||Sat., Jan. 8, 4:00 p.m. ET|
|Coverage||TV: SEC Network |
Live Video via ESPN3
|Location||Stegeman Coliseum |
For Kentucky, this is always a tough game down in Athens. Georgia is one of the best teams in the SEC this year, and Howard Trey Thompkins and Travis Leslie are one of the few duos who can match up well with Kentucky's athletes.
More after the jump.
- The Bulldogs are a team that Kentucky could zone, if necessary, since they are shooting just over 30% from the arc.
- The Bulldogs don't shoot it well from the line. Kentucky can earn an advantage there if they get to the line a lot, as is their wont.
- The bulldogs are a very good 2-point defensive team, which means that UK will have to put up some threes if they are unable to get good matchups in the post.
- The toughest team Georgia has played so far are the UAB Blazers, whom they beat only by 2 at home.
- Brandon Knight has a chance to really have a big game against the Dawgs. Georgia has no answer for him in the much smaller Dustin Ware.
- Georgia also has matchup problem at the four. Thompkins guarding Terrence Jones is not a good matchup for the Dawgs.
Let's get this SEC season started off right with a road win. Go, 'Cats!