This is the official A Sea Of Blue Open Game Thread for the Auburn Tigers @ Kentucky Wildcats. Game particulars are as follows, courtesy of UKAthletics.com:
|Auburn @ Kentucky|
|Game Notes||Kentucky Game Notes | Auburn Game Notes|
|Date & Time||Tues., Jan. 11, 7:00 p.m. ET|
|Coverage||TV: ESPNU |
|Location||Rupp Arena |
Auburn comes into Rupp Arena tonight sporting a new coach in former John Calipari player Tony Barbee, as well as a nearly brand-new team. Barbee had some really bad luck on the recruiting trail last years as a couple of his best recruits, Shawn Kemp and Luke Cothron, could not make the grade and did not matriculate to Auburn despite committing to the Tigers.
More after the jump.
Kentucky needs to play well against Auburn in the worst way after dropping their first game since December 4th to Georgia.
What I'm hoping for tonight:
- A better defensive outing, particularly from the guards.
- A more aggressive, focused, and intense team.
- More dribble drive motion. Against the Georgia Bulldogs, I can count the number of times Kentucky took the ball to the basket on the fingers of one hand.
- Better movement off the ball. Kentucky did not move well on offense versus the Dawgs.
- More toughness. Georgia simply out-toughed the Wildcats, and if Auburn does it too, I think we have to consider it a problem.
- Get to the line more. That's part and parcel of taking the ball to the basket.
- Make free throws.
- Dribble with a purpose. There was too much aimless bouncing off the ball on Saturday.
Calipari's biggest complaint about the team at Georgia was their toughness, and I think that's exactly the the right diagnosis. We have seen this team play very tough at times -- versus Washington, Louisville, and Notre Dame. Tonight, that's the #1 thing I'll be looking for.
Let's get this done. Go 'Cats!!