Time to look at the reaction from last night, and other UK news. Are we having fun yet? I am.
- Now & Then: Cousins & Randolph Provide As Many Headaches As Intangibles On The Court – LostLettermen.com
- Magic Johnson performs John Wall dance at Kentucky - The Dagger - NCAAB Blog - Yahoo! Sports
Jarvis Varnado speaks about his record, playing as a walk-on and what seed MSU should be | College Hoops Journal
Very interesting reading. Varnado is a remarkable player, really.
- Vaught's Views: Darius Miller shows aggressive side in win over South Carolina: AMNews.com
Stars Shine During UK Game - Sports News Story - WLKY Louisville
"I think John Wall is, to me, the best player as well as the best guard in the country. He's really an unbelievable leader," Johnson said. "Coach Cal (John Calipari) has done an incredible job -- first year, to have his team ranked No. 2 in the country, only have one loss? It's truly amazing."
Yes, Magic, it is amazing.
Kentucky's Calipari says winning the SEC title means 'nothing' - ESPN
"I've always taken the approach that it's about the seed in the NCAA tournament," Calipari said. "If you want me to be honest about how I think and what we're doing to prepare, that's what it is. The SEC tournament is about our seed in the NCAA tournament."
When you have a team like this, that's a reasonable statement. But we need to restore the tradition of winning SEC championships.
More after the jump.
- SEC Report | ajc.com
State-Journal.com - Patterson's renewed energy helps UK atone for only loss
"I think Patrick Patterson is terrific," Horn added. "He’s one of my favorite players in the league and in the country. He does all the little things, and he is tough. I’ve never seen the kid not play hard, ever."
Preach, Brother Horn.
- Patterson comes alive when it matters most : The Kentucky Kernel
- Snow named UK's director of football operations
- Cats one win shy of clinching tie for 44th SEC title
- SEC Championship Decision
- Wayne Chism Will Play and Other Notes
Gatorade drops Tiger, stays with foundation - Golf, PGA Tour - CBSSports.com PGA
Ouch. No surprise, though.
John Calipari Kentucky SEC title would mean nothing - CBK News - FOX Sports on MSN
That's why his answer was swift and decisive when Calipari was asked Friday what winning the school's 44th conference title would mean: "Nothing."
I don't agree with this, if this is what he said in context. In fact, I regret that he said it. We owe our league more than a casual dismissal. I am giving Calipari the benefit of the doubt right now, but he really should not be so dismissive of the league championship, if he in fact was.
North Carolina Tar Heels' Travis Wear looks doubtful for weekend - ESPN
Wow. Tough year for the Heels. Roy Williams is having a Matt Doherty year.
- RTC Friday Seed Update: 02.26.10
- Cal on UT Game & More
- Katz's Korner: Bruce Pearl - ESPN Video - ESPN
Calipari: Tennessee will be "crazy, nuts" | Vaught's Views
No doubt true.
Senior Day: Saying Goodbye To Last Ben Ball Warriors & Honoring Our Past - Bruins Nation
Tough year for the Bruins, as well as the Heels.
Intentional Foul " Tom Crean Went OFF
He did go off. Wow. He was raging even as he left the court. I mean, he went utterly off!
- The Big Blue Nation Report: Jimmy Dykes previews UK-UT rematch...