Tonight, the Kentucky Wildcats are trying to double down on home games against tough SEC foes, and welcome the Mississippi Rebels into Rupp Arena for a Big Tuesday tilt on the Worldwide Leader.
Game particulars are as follows, courtesy of UKAthletics.com:
|Date & Time||Tues., Feb. 2, 7:00 p.m|
|Coverage||TV: ESPN |
Live Video via ESPN360
|Location||Rupp Arena |
Kentucky is looking to prove tonight that they are the team that you must go through to win the SEC championship after a convincing win over the Vanderbilt Commodores, while the Ole Miss Rebels would love to right the ship after an unexpected loss to the resurgent Arkansas Razorbacks. But Ole Miss has two bench players doubtful with injury in Will Bogan and Reginald Buckner, so that will make their task tonight harder.
More after the jump.
What UK needs to do to win:
- Force Ole Miss to put the ball on the floor instead of allowing them to shoot threes.
- Win the battle of the boards, particularly on offense.
- Get the ball inside as much as possible to DeMarcus Cousins and Patrick Patterson.
- Get production off the bench, and don't forget the short corner jumper.
What Kentucky must avoid:
- Foul problems in the front line.
- Temper tantrums.
- Forgetting about Patrick Patterson.
Ken will be doing the postmortem for this game, as I am entertaining out of town guests tonight. But be assured, my DVR is set and ready. This game would do a lot to give the Wildcats major momentum for their road trip to visit the Bayou Bengals this weekend, and solidify their spot atop the SEC East.