Reaction to the games yesterday in the Maui Invitational, looking forward to Saturday's game with the Tennessee Volunteers, and other good stuff from around the Internet.
- Jones' double-double leads Cats in Maui
- Kentucky Vs. Oklahoma: Wildcats Close Out Win
- Joey Votto’s Tuesday News and Views
Kentucky focused on ending losing streak to Vols
Words to live by.
"I’ve got nothing to say this week," [Randall Cobb] said. "I’m going to talk with my pads." And then he smiled just a little.
Huskies move into Maui semifinals with 106-63 win
The 'Cats are going to need to find some defense versus Washington.
- Close call for Duke
- Wildcats too tough to tame
- Harris commits to Kentucky
- Kentucky Climbs in Both Major Rankings
- UK signee Anthony Davis "sees the big picture"
- Kentucky coach John Calipari installs 'funky' Calzone
Spartans Hold Off Upset-Minded Chaminade
Surprising score, that one.
- Mississippi State Knocks Off Detroit 82-76
High-octane Huskies roll, Big Blue next
Win or lose, the only rivalry between the Wildcats and the Huskies exist between the ears of a few Husky fans.
- What can win distributions do for you?
- Romar: No hard feelings about Kanter, Jones
Terrence Jones steals the show for UK
Great, kid. Don't get cocky.
- Rajon Ridiculous: 14 Assists a Game?
- Arkansas struggles to lure fans to basketball games
- UK-Oklahoma postgame notes, numbers
- UK Football: Big blue Vols; Robinson will have Tennessee fans cheering for UK
- Ending 25-year streak is Kentucky's top priority
- Not buying what ACC is selling
- Joey Votto of Cincinnati Reds voted National League MVP
- Kansas State handles Gonzaga
Tennessee coach Bruce Pearl thinks Vols will stave off further sanctioning
In your dreams, coach.
Kentucky’s new defense might make you hungry
While a topic like this is the perfect Monday morning fodder for a blogger like myself, its seems as if a coach going against a defense he has believed in his entire career is almost always unsuccessful, a last resort. Ben Howland took UCLA out of his typical man-to-man defense last season, and the Bruins went 14-18. Syracuse switched to a man-to-man from their regular 2-3 for last year’s exhibition against Le Moyne and ended up losing.
Kentucky fans have a right to be worried the more they hear about the CalZone.
Abdul Gaddy, Reeves Nelson among 10 sophomore breakout candidates
Why no UK players on this list? Because we have n
o sophomores. Zero. Bupkisonly one sophomore, and he doesn't get much playing time yet.
Players union chief '99 percent sure' a lockout looms
Here we go ...
- What next for Notre Dame?