Game particulars are as follows, courtesy of UKAthletics.com:
|Date & Time||Sat., Jan 23, 4:00 p.m|
|Coverage||TV: SEC Network |
Live Video via ESPN360
|Location||Rupp Arena |
The big deal about this game is simple: Win, and Kentucky ascends to #1 in the nation in the polls for the first time in fourteen years.
More after the jump.
What UK needs to do to win:
- Guard Rotnei Clarke. He is the only Razorback player who can hurt us from three.
- Stay in front of Courtney Fortson. If he gets in the lane, he can really hurt Kentucky.
- Get the ball inside at every opportunity. Arkansas is not talented enough to handle DeMarcus Cousins or Patrick Patterson.
- Take care of the glass on both ends.
What Kentucky must avoid:
- Allowing Rotnei Clarke to get open looks. He has almost unlimited range.
- Allowing Arkansas to win the offensive glass.
- Allowing easy entry into the post. Arkansas has capable post scorers in Michael Washington and Marshawn Powell.
- Fail to build on a lead. One of these days, letting someone up off the mat is likely to bit the Wildcats.
Kentucky has a chance here to erase a ton of bad karma by getting back to #1 in the country. All the unranked seasons, the short tournaments, the lack of respect can be erased by winning this game and getting to 19-0.
Nobody believes that UK can go undefeated in the regular season. I would love to prove them wrong, at least for a few more games. Make 'em sweat it out.