Big night for the Kentucky Wildcats tonight as they travel to Columbia for an encounter with fellow division-leader, the South Carolina Gamecocks. This ought to be an interesting game, and with Patterson back to near 100% and some improved offense from the players not named Meeks or Patterson, there is hope that the Wildcats can return the favor of a home defeat to the Gamecocks.
Now, for the news.
Kentucky Basketball News
- Wayne Chism wants to forget Saturday's visit to Rupp Arena, but the game film won't let him.
- Showdown alert. This one could be a sellout in Columbia. The 'Cats need to respond to the challenge.
- Straitpinkie has a preview of the USC/UK game.
- Gillispie can't figure out what buttons to push to make Kentucky rebound better. If UK could hold down the defensive boards better, opponents would likely be shooting below 35% against them.
- The ACC & SEC Blog picks UK to win tonight.
- Another game preview.
- UK launches POY campaign for Jodie Meeks. Jodie! Jodie! (See, I'm doing my part).
Kentucky Football/Other News
- High times for the 'Cats next year, according to this 'Bama site.
- Did you know Morgan Newton plays basketball too? Pretty well, it seems.
- Myron Proyor is said to be shining at the NFL Combine.
NCAA Basketball News
- Providence defeats Pittsburgh. The Friars earned their court-storming, and they stormed with great gusto.
- Tough times for the young Razorbacks. John Pelphrey, too.
- Yawn. Crow now, boys. It won't last.
- Chris Diggs has thoughts about what the 'Cats need to do to handle the Gamecocks. The word "control" figures prominently.
- Connecticut governor Jodi Rell called Jim Calhoun's tirade at the "freelance journalist" an "embarrassing display." Note the "scare quotes."
- LSU defeats Florida. Alligator Army laments the loss.
NCAA Football News
- Vandy's DJ Moore isn't getting it done at NFL Combine.
- How to set up a perfect option play. Football fanatics, consider yourself fed.
- Third Saturday in Blogtober has lots of good football links and such.
Other News of Interest
- Dick Vitale visits Louisville.
- Wow! How to score 11 points in 46 seconds, win the game and go home with a big smile. Take notes.
- Tiger returns to the links, and the PGA tour celebrates!
- Hard times hit the NFL.