The big news this morning is -- well, there is no really big news, but Sunday was Rajon Rondo's birthday, and he celebrated it in style.
On the NCAA basketball front, Duke managed to defeat Wake Forest at home. More on that after the jump.
Kentucky Basketball News
- Darius Miller is hoping his freshman funk is behind him. Yeah, me too.
- Kentucky is up on the latest SEC stock report.
- Welcome to my poster, Wayne Chism! Take your pick.
- Reeling Vols.
- Looks like Daniel Orton will be able to play in the Kentucky Derby Festival classic. Great to hear.
- Google says we're #1!
Kentucky Football/Other Sports News
- An athlete abuse study from 1962. This was the Charlie Bradshaw years that sparked the book The Thin Thirty.
- Inside Higher Ed looks at the new trend of "coaches in waiting" from a standpoint of diversity. Many worry that this new method will shut out more black coaches, although the article does note UK as an exception.
NCAA Basketball News
- Swamp Things looks at the remaining Gator schedule. Looks ugly. There could be blood everywhere in the SEC East by the first weekend in March. After winning two National Championships, could the Gators really be NIT bound two years in a row?
- Heh. I've just seen this for the first time. All I can say is this -- Calhoun's behavior was incredibly rude, and the reporter's question was inappropriate in that setting. If the Connecticut governor wants to enforce a pay cut on all public employees, he should ask the school to renegotiate Calhoun's contract. I predict that I will flap my arms and fly to the moon before that happens, especially since Calhoun is paid from athletic department revenues and not taxpayer dollars. This is a nice disposition of the affair, but it does nothing to excuse Calhoun's rude behavior.
- The Razorbacks continue to struggle.
- Duke defeats Wake Forest soundly, and more.
- The most egregious uncalled walking violation I have ever seen -- and right in front of the official. Only Duke could get away with that.
NCAA Football News
- News from the NFL Combine.
- A Fulmer Cupdate from EDSBS.
- Are minority football players being pushed into pointless majors in college?
- More Kiffin? Why not?
- More NFL Combine -- Who's hot and who's not.
Other News of Interest
- The art of the farewell email.