It's time for the biggest game (so far) of this young season and a game that will tell both teams how far they have come, and how far they have yet to go. North Carolina is a giant rival of Kentucky, perhaps second only to the Louisville Cardinals just a short drive down I-64.
Particulars of this game are as follows:
Date & Time Sat., Dec. 5, 12:30 p.m
Coverage TV: CBS Radio: BBSN
Location Rupp Arena Lexington, Ky.
As you can see from my pre-game analysis and Ken's follow-on article, we here at A Sea of Blue are taking this game most seriously. Win or lose, we consider this one of the two biggest games of this regular season. Others may disagree, but that's how I see it.
For the North Carolina perspective, be sure to visit Carolina March, the SB Nation's outstanding North Carolina Tar Heel blog.
More after the jump.
What UK needs to win this game:
- John Wall to put pressure on the defense and accumulate help fouls;
- Get the ball to Patterson and Cousins as much as possible;
- Make free throws;
- Minimize turnovers.
What the Tar Heels need to win:
- A big game from Deon Thompson;
- 38% or better 3-point shooting;
- Win the turnover battle;
- Keep UK from winning the offensive rebounding percentage battle
- Don't send John Wall to the line a lot.
Ladies and gentlemen of the Big Blue Nation, this is the one we have been waiting for. Gird your loins for battle.
Go Big Blue!!