Tonight is the last game of 2009 for the Kentucky Wildcats, and should represent the best start for a UK basketball team in 32 years, 14-0. That is a long while, and it is a very good feeling.
More after the jump.
What UK needs to do tonight:
- Ratchet up the defensive intensity;
- Move the ball well on offense;
- Attack the offensive and defensive glass;
- Defend the three.
What the Wildcats need to avoid:
- More than 20% turnovers;
- Not getting to the free throw line;
- Playing "matador" defense, particularly on the perimeter;
- Playing a game that lacks intensity, or shows they aren't taking the opponent seriously.
Kentucky should win this game easily, and anything less will be a big disappointment.
Projected score: Kentucky 95, Hartford 60.