This is the last game for the Kentucky Wildcats before the Christmas break, and it is the best team they have faced in a while. The 49ers are no pushover, and even though the Wildcats should be able to overcome them easily, especially at home, this is exactly the kind of team you don't want to take for granted.
More after the jump.
- What I hope to see today from Kentucky:Continued great offensive rebounding;
- Sharing the basketball;
- Take the ball to the basket more and get fouled;
- Another game of high defensive intensity.
What I don't want to see:
- Lazy passes and turnovers;
- Matador defense;
- Failure to get the ball into the paint;
- Giving up more than 20% offensive rebounds.
This team needs to continue their preparation for more serious foes, and this is a really good game to do that. Defensive intensity is the key to all the above. If we see great defensive intensity, it will lead to offense, with will get the 'Cats running and confident. The snowball effect from that will be very beneficial.