This is the first Kentucky game in a week, and Calipari made much the other day of the bad practice the 'Cats had on Friday. That is obviously a concern, so it will be interesting to see how the young Wildcats rebound from the criticism.
More after the jump.
What I hope to see from the Wildcats this game:
- Better ballhandling. I would love to see UK keep turnovers under 20%.
- Great ball movement. The last game against the Hoosiers, UK moved the ball extremely well. I'd like to see that continue.
- Domination on the offensive glass. UK is much bigger than this team, and needs to own the offensive boards.
- Improved defense. Last game, UK let Indiana shoot an eFG% of 54.2. That's no good.
What I don't want to see this game:
- A half-hearted effort against an inferior foe.
- A bunch of open 3-point looks for Austin Peay.
- A close battle for the offensive glass.
- Lots of lazy fouls.
UK has a ton of talent, and is far better in every way than Austin Peay. That doesn't mean the Governors cannot pull the upset -- they shoot the ball very well from the three, and we have had struggles with teams who do that all year long.
Sooner or later, the 'Cats have to improve their defense. I hope it is sooner. Now would be soon enough.