This will be the best opponent Kentucky has faced so far, and their strength has been UK's weakness. The Cardinal will be a disciplined, intelligent team with good size.
More after the jump.
Here's what UK needs to do to win this game:
- Play simple basketball. Drive to the lane, draw the rotation and kick to the post or to the wing.
- Don't give up a bunch of turnovers. Giving the Cardinal 20+ extra shots is a good way to make this game competitive.
- Rebound the basketball. Kentucky has been very good about that all year, which is encouraging, but they need to keep it up.
- Defend the three. Switch if necessary, but UK must defend the three.
- Try very hard to push the tempo. Stanford would like to control it, but UK needs to force them to run if they can.
This would be a nice feather in Kentucky's cap if they can win this thing. Go 'Cats.