Week 11 is here, and it's time to publish my blogpoll ballot for this week.
Alabama surges to the top, Texas falls to #2, and Florida winds up at #3. Well, you have to put all of them somewhere, and I guess they will just be taking turns on my ballot for a while.
There were relatively few big games last week, so what we had is a series of humdrum games, with none of the top teams really having the opportunity to prove their superiority. I guess that will happen for sure when Alabama and Florida face off in the SEC championship. Texas' only remaining games are against fading Kansas, mediocre Texas A&M and Nebraska in the Big 12 championship, so they will likely be in the BCS championship game versus the winner of the SEC championship game.
My ballot follows the jump.
|Last week's ballot|
- Southern Cal is fading faster than a pair of bleached bluejeans on a sunny day.
- Navy makes an appearance, which they honestly deserve. Go Navy, Beat Army!
- North Carolina continues to hang in the ACC, and Miami is looking like a shell of the top 10 team earlier this year. But Georgia Tech is the class of the conference.
- Clemson continues its turn-around from its early season swoon.
- Ohio State is making a move, and an impressive one. Barring a loss to Michigan, the Big 10 will have to chose between Iowa or Ohio State for their champ. Not sure how that is done these days.
- Cincinnati continues to impress. Where will they be when one of the two SEC teams finally lose, as must happen?
- If Georgia Tech beats Georgia, they will likely take over the #6 spot from Boise State on my ballot.
- How about the Stanford Cardinal? Talk about coming out of nowhere.
- Bad loss to UCF by Houston dropped them way down, but barring a catastrophe, they should win out.
Your comments are welcome, and appreciated.