Today, the Big Blue Nation is getting over it's disappointment for not being included in either of the two main top 25 clubs, despite getting a few votes in both. It's now time to prepare for Aubie and the Auburn Tigers' visit to Rupp Arena tomorrow night at 9:00 PM. Another late game for all us early risers.
And now, the news.
Kentucky Basketball News
- Mark Story nominates players for mid-season "awards."
- Matt Jones covers the weekly SEC teleconference.
- Meeks moves to the top of the Rivals power rankings as a 2 guard.
- Rasheem Barrett, former teammate of Jodie Meeks in AAU ball and now Auburn guard, says he can hold him down to two points -- tongue firmly in cheek.
- A rather strange-reading article by Jerry Tipton. The "green man?" Maybe it's just me, but this reads like some kind of horror novel. I started looking around my desk for the "green man" as though he might ooze up my leg and enter my brain through the ear. Weird.
- Jodie Meeks got a warm, Big Blue welcome down in Georgia.
- Jodie Meeks has a Tennessee connection.
- UK Wildcat Country thanks the coaches who voted in the coaching poll for the motivation. Hey, I like his thinking.
Kentucky Football/Other UK Sports News
- Chris Diggs says UK has another linebacker commitment in Ryan Mosby. He was being recruited by some very good schools. More here.
- The College Baseball Blog interviews Gary Henderson, the new UK head baseball coach.
- A Deuce Finch decision near?
- Shawn Siegel of CHN says UK is a nine seed right now.
NCAA Basketball News
- Pittsburgh takes out their Louisville frustration on Syracuse.
- Tennessee takes on Vanderbilt tonight in Nashville. This is a big rivalry game, and we will find out if Tennesse has found some answers to the problems Kentucky exposed last week.
- Jim Harris says that the Razorbacks' problem is -- turnovers, and perimeter defense. Hmm. Sounds vaguely familiar to me ...
- The Clarion-Ledger says the SEC is not getting a lot of love in the polls right now. Ya think? Also, Bruce Pearl noted that personnel changes have been a big challenge for UT this year. Gee, who would have thought that would be the case?
- The Gators return to the top 25.
- Some bad blood between Syracuse and UConn women's team.
NCAA Football News
- Senator Blutarsky blogs about some difficulties the mainstream media has when trying to navigate the muddy, turbulent waters of the blogsophere.
- Former Crimson Tide coach Mike Shula speaks to the media for the first time about his firing.
- The Saban Effect. Darn, and I thought the Gillispie Effect was sooo original.
- Bucknuts takes issue with Brian Hartline's decision to go pro. This is a very good read. Plus, they thoughtfully link A Sea of Blue.
Other News of Interest
- Sports2Debate mock NFL Draft.
- Fanfoodie.com looks at Lexington. Yummm!
- Steve Nash loves Rajon Rondo's game.