So here we go, the first of three games that UK should definitely win, giving us an excellent chance to go to Tuscaloosa 4-0 to face the Tide. This is a big game for the Wildcat offense, who needs to prove that they can, in fact, move the football against inferior competition. It is also a big game for the defense, who will want to prove that thier performance against Louisville was not a fluke.
Five things Kentucky needs to do to win:
- Move the football on the ground;
- Demonstrate competence through the air, particularly the wide receivers.
- Dominate the line of scrimmage on both sides of the football;
- Contain DeAngelo Branche and Jamar Johnson;
- Continue the excellent special teams play.
Five things that could trip Kentucky up:
- Taking Norfolk State for granted, and taking plays off;
- Weak blocking between the tackles;
- Special teams mistakes;
- Failure to jump on Norfolk State early.
Look for the Wildcats to come out with guns blazing, and hang 30+ on the Spartans. We need to hold them to bupkis, or doubts about our defense will begin to kick in.