This is the official A Sea of Blue Open Game thread for the Kentucky vs. Louisville game today at 3:30 PM. For more on the game, visit the UK Athletics site and click on the various links for notes, Gametracker, etc. I am opening the thread a bit early in order to allow people to have some pre-game "tailgate talk." Comments will automatically update, so there is no longer a need to refresh the screen.
Today's game is huge on many levels, and even though it looms more important for Steve Kragthorpe than any other single person, Rich Brooks has a lot invested as well, especially after having declared the defense the best of his tenure.
Keys to the game
Kentucky wins if:
- The D-line consistently gets to Cantwell;
- The defensive backfield dominates the Louisville receivers;
- The Kentucky backs perform at a high level
- Mike Hartline is cool, calm, and collected;
- Kentucky wins the turnover battle.
Louisville wins if:
- They protect Cantwell;
- The Louisville receivers catch the ball;
- The Louisville defense is able to shut down the Kentucky running game;
- They perform well on special teams;
- They turn Kentucky over three or more times.
That's the way I see it. Gametime shortly, post your comments below.