Kentucky equipment manager Bill Keightley has passed away. He died last night at 7:45 PM in Cincinnati of internal bleeding caused by an undiagnosed tumor after he fell down on the way to a Cincinnati Reds game.
Bill Keightley was 81 years young.
I know everyone will be as sad about this as I am. At this point in time I am not prepared to write a long article about Mr. Keightley, but I will be updating this post with news stories about this unhappy day as events unfold.
Our sincerest regrets and prayers go out to the Keightley family and friends, of which there are very, very many. May God hold you in his hands, and ease the pain of his passing. All Wildcat fans will surely miss him on the sidelines.
- UK mourns 'Mr. Wildcat' Bill Keightley [Courier-Journal]
- Bill Keightley, 'Mr. Wildcat,' dies at age 81 [Herald-Leader]
- Legendary Kentucky manager dies [Sports Illustrated]
- "Mr. Wildcat" Bill Keightley dies [WHAS-11]
- 'Greatest Wildcat of them all' dies [Kentucky Kernel]
- UK's Keightley Dies After Fall [Kentucky Post]
- Mr. Wildcat Bill Keightley (1926-2008) [Kentucky Sports Radio]
- Sad Day: Bill Keightley passes away [Go Big Blue Cats]
- RIP: Mr. Wildcat [Jody Demling]
- So long, Mr. Wildcat [Loge Level]
- Mr. Wildcat [More of the Same]
- Mark Story: Keightley represented heart of UK basketball [Herald-Leader]
- Bill Keightley, 'Mr. Wildcat' dies at 81 [The Cats Pause]
- Mr. Wildcat passes away [Kentucky Sports Report]
- Rest in peace, Mr. Wildcat [Wildcat Fan Report]
- "Mr. Wildcat" Bill Keightley passes away [Wildcat Blitz]
- Memorial for Bill Keightley [WKYT]
- A Sad Day in Big Blue Nation [Nothing Rhymes with Lydia]
- President Todd on the passing of Bill Keightley [University of Kentucky]
- RIP: Bill Keightley, Mr. Wildcat [The Kentucky Democrat]
- A Tribute to Mr. Wildcat [Ken Howlett]
- Bill Keightley: One Fan's Perspective [Acdixon]
- Update [2008-4-1 12:12:58 by Truzenzuzex]:
- Mr. Wildcat -- Remembering Bill Keightley [YouTube video tribute]
- Remembering Mister Wildcat [WLKY]
- Kentucky Loses a Great Ambassador [Intentional Foul]
- How should UK honor Mr. Wildcat? [Sidelines]
- Legend gone from UK [The Crittendon Press]
- Update [2008-4-1 14:39:51 by Truzenzuzex]:
- Player Quotes on Bill Keightley [Kentucky Sports Radio]
- Keightley was a walking 'historian' [The Winchester Sun]
- Bill Keightley, 1926-2008 [Eric Crawford]
- Bill Keightley...."Mr Wildcat" A UK Treasure!(1926-2008) [Wildcats Thunder]
- "Mr. Wildcat' was a rare exception [The State Journal]
- Update [2008-4-1 18:9:40 by Truzenzuzex]:
- Bill Keightley dies at age 81 [Card Chronicle]
- Tom Leach comments on Bill Keightley's death [UK Athletics]
- What Is A Good Person? [Robinwood Rapids]
[editor's note, by Truzenzuzex] If anyone has written a tribute to Bill Keightley on their blog that is not listed here, please comment below or email me and I will post a link to it.
Thanks to all who have written in memory of Mr. Wildcat.