It's the last day of 2008, five days and counting until the next edition of the Dream Game. Many may have forgotten, but we are only 2 days, 8 hours and some change away from the AutoZone Liberty Bowl.
And now, the news:
Dream Game news
- Jerry Tipton reports on Michael Porter's improving comfort level. Patterson is quoted as saying, "It's all about confidence." That young man is wise beyond his years (or perhaps he reads A Sea of Blue)
Liberty Bowl News
- Chip Crosby takes a look at the seasons of both UK and ECU.
- Already reported everywhere, but worth a read if you haven't seen it -- Dickie Lyons channels Elvis.
- A touching story from the Memphis Commercial-Appeal about Chris Mosby, a Kentucky recruit from Memphis who was killed in an automobile accident before he made it to the Bluegrass.
- The Commercial-Appeal notebooks the Liberty Bowl.
- Jodie Demling says the UK defense is finally healthy. It will be the first time we have seen our defense at 100% since the Louisville game.
- Good piece form the Winston-Salem Journal, mostly about ECU but with some nice words for UK.
- John Clay says that UK and ECU have a history, and it isn't a particularly friendly one. Seems we pulled a buy-out on the Pirates, and they were less than amused. Given the situation (opening an new stadium), I can see why. John also has the funniest line of the day, courtesy of the Orlando Sentinal's Mike Bianchi.
- We Is Notre Dame handicaps the Liberty Bowl.
- Mark Maynard says a bowl win can make the 2008 'Cats memorable.
UK Basketball News
- Some New Years' resolutions for the 'Cats in 2009.
- Matt Jones quashes rumors about a disgruntled Darius Miller leaving the team, plus lots more.
- In a similar vein, John Clay asks, "What's up with Darius Miller?"
NCAA Basketball news
- Arkansas drills the #4 Oklahoma Sooners behind former UK recruits Rotnei Clarke and Courtney Fortson.
- The Illini defeat the highly ranked Purdue Boilermakers. Illinois is coming on strong, and Alex Legion had a good game.
- Rush the Court checks in on the Big 12.
- Gators win ugly over Stetson.
- Darren Horn's Gamecocks fall short against in-state rival Clemson.
NCAA Football news
- Is bowl season getting too crowded?
- Oregon tops Oklahoma State in the Holiday Bowl. The other bowls are going to have to really be impressive to top this one. It was great.
Other news of interest
- The Courier-Journal lauds Kentucky punter Tim Masthay.