Below, you will find my Week 4 Basketball Blogpoll ballot:
|Dropped out||BYU (25), Butler (18)|
|New in poll||Purdue (12), Minnesota (24)|
- I once again revised my ranking system, hopefully improving it. I think a few more tweaks may be needed, though.
- Purdue really should have been in last week.
- Louisville is on the verge of going out of the poll. Another loss in the near term, and they will.
- In my rankings, Kentucky currently stands at #39. The 'Cats just need to take care of business to move up, but it will take a win against Louisville to get them into the ballot.
- Pittsburgh moves up on the strength of a road win vs. Florida State.
- Wake Forest was very impressive in two road wins.
Here are the overall Blogpoll rankings:
- UNC still unanimous #1.
- Clemson is rapidly improving. They have beaten a good Miami team and a good Illinois team. We'll find out more when they battle the Gamecocks on Tuesday, who are playing better than expected under Darren Horn.
- Duke beat Xavier twice by crushing them at a neutral site.
- Michigan State's win over Texas reversed their momentum.
- Texas maybe got hit harder than they deserved. Big win over a good Wisconsin team on the road after the Blogpoll ballots were submitted.
- Purdue easily handling media darling Davidson gave them some upward momentum after dropping two games in a row in late November and early December.
- Duke has beaten 3 of 4 teams in today's poll, including a drubbing of Purdue at Purdue.
- Notre Dame still ranks high despite a questionable schedule. I may need to revise my calculations to take more SOS into account. I think UCLA should be lower, also. They have beaten nobody and lost to both quality teams they have played.
- Connecticut beating Gonzaga semi-away is surely validation of them. I had doubts about them after their close victory over Buffalo, even though it was away.
Your comments are welcome.