C'mon - we all have 'em.
Those little things in sports that causes us to go into spittle-spewing, eyeball-bulging, vein-popping, spleen-bursting apoplexy, forcing us to run to our computers and furiously type outraged, profanity-embellished tirades on weblogs and message boards. The things that not just get under our skin, but crawl around in our minds like a malignant worm, driving us temporarily insane with uncontrollable rage.
Well, maybe not quite all that. But you know what I mean. For example:
- Dickie V. giving Coach K repeated wet, sloppy man-kisses on national TV.
- Gregg Doyel insulting Kentucky basketball in his own nasty, inimitable way.
- [Insert sportswriter here]'s effusive praise of Traitor Rick.
- Florida fans banging their sunken, hairless chests about "championships."
- Billy Packer announcing ... well, anything.
We all have 'em. What's yours?