This is the official open thread for the LSU at Kentucky game, and what a big one it is. This is a chance for the Wildcats to jump back into the SEC East picture, and wow both the national media and our long-suffering football fans.
Keys to the game:
Here are my keys to the game today:
- Take care of the football -- LSU is tough enough without surrendering possessions to them, and we have had fumblitis lately.
- Run the ball effectively -- If we don't run the football, the LSU defense will send André Woodson to the hostpital.
- Protect our quarterback -- See 2 above. But we must protect Woodson to have a chance to win. Six or seven sacks will do us in for sure.
- Strike quickly -- Kentucky has defeated teams when we get on the board fast.
- Hit LSU hard -- Our players may be intimidated by the size and speed of LSU, but nothing will give our players hope faster than hitting them -- hard.
Oh, I almost forgot to mention. I have thoughtfully been provided a link if you want to hear my short interview with The Sports Tap last night. (Note: I am right after the Ole Miss guy).