As we in the Big Blue Nation digest the Wildcats' satisfying 31-14 win over the Ole Miss Rebels, here's a look around the web at stories of note ...
- In basketball news, Jerry Tipton offers some recruiting tidbits in his weekly UK Basketball notebook, though his version of who supposedly is visiting the UK Campus differs from that of almost all other online sources. According to Tipton, both Ramon Harris (Alaska) and Darnell Gant (Calif.) had official visits to UK this weekend. Most recruiting scuttlebutt said the big guy walking around with the team was actually Mike Williams, the 7' Brit discussed the other day. Whomever it was, he is tall, apparently. As for Harris, Tipton offers some good nuggets as the athletic swing player might be a midseason addition to the Cats.
- Mark Story of the Herald-Leader dedicates his Sunday column to a familiar topic for me, the Education of Andre' Woodson. Woodson has not only put up surprising and exciting numbers -- including 9 TDs to just 1 INT -- but has also shown poise in the huddle and a knack for the timely play. His maturation could posit big things down the road ... if the O-line can give him time to work.
- More columnation from the LHL, only this time it's about the many firsts the gridiron Cats enjoyed after pouncing on Ole Miss on Saturday.
- While the players and coaches soak in the 1-0 SEC start, at least two Wildcats have much bigger joys on their mind, as Micah Johnson and his brother Christian welcomed their father home from Iraq.
- And finally, some well-earned space for the other player of the game on Saturday, Myron Pryor, who contributed to three forced turnovers despite nursing an injury.