Just four days until kickoff against the Cardinals, and only 45 until Midnight Madness gets the Blue blood aflowing.
Here's a look around the UK sports world ...
- The UK defense will rise or fall at least partially on the development of defensive lineman Myron pryor, who has first-team All-SEC dreams. If his coaches are correct, they think he just might get there.
- Meanwhile, highly touted freshman Micah Johnson may not start on Sunday, but he will be a factor as the season progresses. Part of a corps that goes seven deep, Johnson will hopefully give Defensive Coordinator Mike Archer more flexibility and, most importantly, more production.
- Keenan Burton, the flashy wide receiver, and defensive tackle Lamar Mills are the permanent captains this season for the Cats.
- Mark Story writes about what a winning season could do for the UK program, and what another loser would mean.
- The Courier-Journal gets into the prediction game via Rick Bozich. (Kentucky will go 6-6 this season, with wins over Mississippi, Vandy and Mississippi State.)
- A new (and local) name has emerged in the basketball Wildcats' neverending search for inside help. Jeff Brooks, a Louisville Doss High School senior-to-be, had a huge AAU season and his recruiting suitors have ratcheted up their interest accordingly, including both Louisville and UK.
- Former Wildcats pitcher and potential Cy Young winner Brandon Webb is coping with the loss of a onetime teammate and friend, as Jon Hooker passed away in the Comair tragedy last weekend.