Upcoming GOG Schedule
The Preseason GOG describes the game. Click the link to get more information about how the GOG is played.
Previous GOG Results
GOG 15 is scored. Congratulations to sweasyf for winning!
(note: please let me know if a mistake has been made in the scoring - they do happen from time to time)
- Men's Schedule
- Men's Statsheet page
- Jon Scott's incomparable UK site
- A primer on tempo free stats as well as some other definitions
GOG 2013-14 #16: Arkansas and South Carolina
Answers are due by 7:00 PM on Thursday, February 27.
- Does UK beat Arkansas by 10 points or more? [+/- 1 point] No
- Does UK beat South Carolina by 15 points or more? [+/- 1 point] No
- How many Points in the Paint does UK score in the two games combined? [4/3/2/1 points] 54
- How many Second Half points does UK allow in the two games combined? [4/3/2/1 points] 64
- How many different UK players score UK's first 10 made field goals against Arkansas? [5 points; 3 points if within two] 4
- Against Arkansas, at what minute mark in the first half does Calipari make his first substitution? The minute mark will be on the time remaining in the half (so for example if it occurs anywhere between 16:00 and 16:59 remaining then the answer is 16) [4 points; 2 points if within two; 1 point if within four] 18 (at 18:02)
- Which is the higher total against Arkansas: UK turnovers or UK offensive rebounds? [+/- 1 point] Offensive Rebounds
- How many 20+ point games do we see from players (all teams, both games): 0 [3 points]; 1 or 2 [2 points]; 3 or more [4 points] 2
- I still don't like Michael Carrera. Predict his Fouls/Missed FG's/Turnovers. [3 points each; 1 point if within two] 4 / 2 / 2
- Predict Julius Randle's Offensive Rbs / Defensive Rbs / FT Attempts against South Carolina. [3 points each; 1 point if within two] 4 / 11 / 9
Bonus: The UK baseball team plays Eastern Michigan in a weekend series Friday - Sunday. All-American A.J. "Destroyer of ERA" Reed is off to big start to the season, hitting .424/.487/1.061 with 6 homeruns and 17 RBI in 8 games. Predict his total Hits / Homeruns / RBI for the series. The closest total answer will receive 3 points; 2nd closest will receive 2 points; 3rd closest will receive 1 point.
Closest answer will be determined by summing the differences between the guess and the answer for each category.
4 / 1 / 3
First: margiefrancie (who nailed the exact line)
Second: kcgard2, UKWildcats#1 (off by 2)
Third: ukcris, blupride, knoxcat, MetropolisBlue, BCinVA (off by 3)