Upcoming GOG Schedule
- Week 8: Mississippi St, Vanderbilt
- Week 9: Arkansas, Tennessee
The Preseason GOG describes the game. Click the link to get more information about how the GOG is played.
Previous GOG Results
GOG #07 is scored. Congratulations to Ken Howlett for winning!
- Men's Schedule
- Men's Statsheet page
- Jon Scott's incomparable UK site
- A primer on tempo free stats as well as some other definitions
GOG 2013-14 #08: SEC [Max 40 points]
Answers are due by 8:00 PM on Wednesday, January 8.
Important: All questions refer only to the regular season (the conference tournament is not considered).
- List the 4 teams that receive byes in the conference tournament in order from 1 to 4. [1 point each team; 1 point each correct placement] Florida, Kentucky, Georgia, Tennessee
- How many points does UK average in conference play? [4/3/2/1 point] 73.1
- How many points does UK allow on average in conference play? [4/3/2/1 point] 67.7
- Kentucky plays home-and-home series with Florida, Mississippi St., Arkansas, LSU, and Mississippi. How many sweeps do they get from those five series? [4 points; 2 points if within one] 2
- How many Wildcats make either 1st team, 2nd team, or Honorable mention All-SEC? [5 points; 3 points if within one; 1 point if within two] 2
- What are Julius Randle's averages in Points / Rebounds / FT Attempts against Florida, Tennessee, and Missouri this year (4 total games)? [3 points each if within one; 1 point if within three] 16.25 / 8.5 / 5.25
- Which opponent scores the most points against the Cats in a game this year? [3 points; 2 points if 2nd most; 1 point if third most] Arkansas (Florida 2nd, Missouri 3rd)
- Willie Cauley-Stein is averaging 4.1 blocks per game. Does he improve that average in conference play? [+/- 1 point] no
- Kentucky shot 31.0% on threes in non-conference games. Do they shoot better or worse in SEC play? [+/- 1 point] better
- Do any SEC teams other than Kentucky, Florida, or Missouri become ranked in the AP Top 25 at any point during conference play? [+/- 1 point] no