Upcoming GOG Schedule
- GOG 13: Mississippi, @Miss. St
- GOG 14: @Auburn, Florida
- GOG 15: @Mississippi, LSU
The Preseason GOG describes the game. Click the link to get more information about how the GOG is played.
Previous GOG Results
GOG #11 is scored. Congratulations to the knoxcat for winning!
- Men's Schedule
- Men's Statsheet page
- Jon Scott's incomparable UK site
- A primer on tempo free stats as well as some other definitions
GOG 2013-14 #12: LSU and Missouri
Answers are due by 9:00 PM on Tuesday, January 28.
- Who wins the LSU game? [+/- 1 point] LSU
- Who wins the Missouri game? [+/- 1 point] UK
- LSU's top 2 scorers are Johnny O'Bryant III and Jordan Mickey (27.6 ppg). Kentucly's top 2 are Julius Randle and James Young (30.7 ppg) How many total points are scored by these 4 players? [4/3/2/1 point] 72
- Missouri's top 2 scorers are Jabari Brown and Jordan Clarkson (38.3 ppg). Kentucky's 3rd and 4th highest scorers are Andrew and Aaron Harrison (24.7 ppg). How many total points are scored by these 4 players? [4/3/2/1 point] 96 (!)
- Block Party 1: How many total (both teams) blocks are there in the LSU game? [5 points; 3 points if within three; 1 point if within five] 15
- Block Party 2: How many players (both teams) block at least 1 shot in the LSU game? [4 points; 2 points if within three] 8
- Against Missouri predict Alex Poythress's Dunks / Rebounds / Blocks? [3 points each; 1 point if within two] 2 / 3 / 1
- Better Passing? What percentage of UK's FG's (both games) are assisted on? Choose One: 0 - 48% [3 points]; 48.1 - 55% [2 points]; 55.1 - 60% [2 points]; 60.1% or more [4 points] 0 - 48% (30.6)
- Let's try this again: what is Willie Cauley-Stein's total FG Made + FT Made + Blocks + Steals + Rebounds against Missouri? [4 points if within three; 2 points if within six] 1 Ugh. I should have known better than to ask this again.
Bonus: Alright, this is similar to last week's bonus, with a small change. What is Kentucky's longest streak of consecutively made Free Throws against Missouri? You will receive points equal to your guess, as long as your guess is less than or equal to the correct answer. For example, if you guess "4" and UK makes 6 in a row, then you will receive 4 points. However, if the most they make consecutively is 1,2, or 3 then you don't get anything
With a Twist! I am assuming that the Cats will manage to hit at least 1 FT in the game, but I will award 3 points to anyone who chooses "0" for their bonus answer regardless of what the correct answer is.
Just to be clear, you can "take the points" by choosing "0" as your answer OR you can gamble for a better score by picking a higher number. (and yes, picking 1, 2, or 3 doesn't make much sense under this scenario)
Longest streak was 6 in a row, the last 6 attempts of the game