Last night, the Atlanta Courier-Journal reported that Nick Glass has decommitted from the Bulldogs. He and Stanley "Boom" Williams are close friends and it is well-known that Williams has been working on Glass to come to Lexington. Glass has taken visits to Alabama and Tennessee, so Kentucky has a fight on their hands.
Glass is a 3-star defensive back according to Rivals.com, a 4-star according to 247sports.com and ESPN.com, and Kentucky could really use him, as defensive back is still a position where we lack depth.
I expect Stoops & Co. to go after Glass with gusto, and Kentucky has extended him an offer, so it's not as if he was off our radar. With the schools that are competing with us for his services, it's going to be a tough slog, but Stoops has been able to surprise us several times, especially when it comes to defensive recruits. Don't be surprised if he isn't able to pull another rabbit out of the hat.
More from A Sea Of Blue:
- Kentucky Basketball: John Calipari Voted Tops In Recruiting By Peers
- Is Stanley Johnson the Most Important Recruit in the 2014 Class for Kentucky's John Calipari?
- Kentucky Wildcats Remain in the Hunt for "Package Deal" of Jahlil Okafor and Tyus Jones
- College Football: SEC West Preview and Predictions
- Kentucky-Tennessee Basketball Series The Latest Victim Of SEC Expansion